[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Childhood is when you idolize Plato. Adulthood is when you realize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: cl03.jpg (99KB, 580x296px) Image search: [Google]
cl03.jpg
99KB, 580x296px
Childhood is when you idolize Plato. Adulthood is when you realize Aristotle makes more sense.
>>
Plato was a cuck
>>
>>9329837
Childhood is when you idolize Newton. Adulthood is when you realize Aristotle makes more sense.
>>
>>9329837
Aristotle truly is the more sensible read. Everybody here likes Plato because they're children who can't penetrate the density of Aristotle's thought. If you think the four causes and substance metaphysics aren't relevant today but FORMS are then you're just an salvageable retard.
>>
>>9329872
un
>>
>>9329872
what do you mean by this?
>>
'Making sense' = agreeing with my pre-conceived and untrained notions of things.
>>
>>9329882
I mean that the common response to anything Aristotelian around here is to list off all of the things he was wrong about while idolizing Plato for his poetical dialectic. Plato was a philosopher-poet and Aristotle was a philosopher-scientist, who, even still, understood the importance of dialectic in dealing with difficult philosophical questions. He's also accused of being a dirty empiricist when what he's really doing is using sense-data as a starting point for further rationalization. In what sense is his identification with Anaxagoras and resultant postulation of the prime mover and hylomorphism empirical? Or his analysis of time as the number of movement? Place as the innermost motionless boundary of a thing? Aristotle uses pure deduction just as much as induction to arrive at his conclusions.

Just ignore his scientific works and read his natural philosophy, ethics, logic, and metaphysics.
>>
>>9329956
why are the four causes relevant today?
>>
>>9329984
Nature is a principle and a cause. Call me when they finally expunge all teleological language from biology.
>>
>>9329837
>childhood is when you think Bertrand Russell is the greatest philosopher of all time
>adulthood is when you realize that it was Nee-chee
>maturity is when you realize it was Lao-Tzu
>>
File: car_iv01.gif (18KB, 360x433px) Image search: [Google]
car_iv01.gif
18KB, 360x433px
>>9329956
>the common response to anything Aristotelian around here is to list off all of the things he was wrong about

Aristotle BTFO!
>>
>>9329872
Way too harsh. Aristotles thought is much closer to our modern, commonsensical understanding of reality than Plato's. The latter's metaphysics has remained influential only in philosophy of mathematics.
>>
>>9330275
>only in mathematics
>only in mathematics
>only in mathematics
as if that's not significant
>>
>>9329837
Childhood is when you idolize Plato. Adulthood is when you realize Aristotle makes more sense. Afterlife is when you realize Kant is God.
>>
File: leaveplatoalone.jpg (18KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
leaveplatoalone.jpg
18KB, 360x480px
>>9329837
God fucking damn it threads like this makes me hate /lit/ with all the power of life I have in me. If /lit/ was a little kid and it said something like this I would whip it with pic related and then rub my dick cheese all over its wounds. Everyone in this thread is so stupid that I am literally pulling my hair out right now. You were supposed to be the chosen ones you fucking walls, you were supposed to be the last bastion of intellectuality in this degenerate world and yet you still only post idiotic shit like this. You know what would have been a better question, one that I would have giggled and clapped at? Whether the Complete Works of Aristotle volume is better for rubbing your dick in than the Complete Works of Plato volume. Instead you post shit like this that is neither funny, nor insightful, nor respectful in any way towards our time and our lives even. Nobody will ever remember your shitty thread you fucking bottle dweller. It's as if you gave us a glimpse into death itself. FUCK.
>>
>>9330291
>as if that's not significant
Sure, for it means that people think there are good reasons for the existence of abstract entities, despite all epistemological issues surrounding the idea. Granted there are such mathematical entities, we are still far, far away from believing in alike abstract entities corresponding to all concrete objects we encounter. (I hate debating retards).
>>
They're both pretty silly.

People should really skip over to Descartes, Hume & Kant as fast as they can
>>
>>9330516
>not loading up the camel before it goes into the wilderness
>>
>>9329837
ITT: Cucks of the Demiurge fuckin spooked by the material world

Haha when will you retards realise what really matters
>>
>>9329837
>>9329863
>>9329872
>>9330173
>>9330429
>>9330275
>not spelling them Platon and Aristoteles
GET OUT!
>>
>>9330664
>not spelling them Πλάτων and Ἀριστοτέλης

And you pretend to be anything other than a pleb.
>>
>>9330532
This made me laugh.
>>
>>9329837
Childhood is when you make these threads. Adulthood is when you stop making these threads.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.