[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished this Where the fuck do I go now? This was way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: 644217.jpg (36KB, 321x526px) Image search: [Google]
644217.jpg
36KB, 321x526px
Just finished this

Where the fuck do I go now? This was way too good to make the next book I read seem like total trash
>>
>>9325595
U die
>>
>>9325595

Read Leaves of Grass
>>
Finnegans Wake
>>
hurt yourself
>>
>>9325595
These have to be troll threads.
>>
>>9326568
why?
>>
>>9325595
Recognitions
>>
>>9326613
lmfao
>>
>>9326568
moby dick is the quintessential american masterpiece... not sure where you heard otherwise
>>
>>9325595
you could probably cool off with Bartleby the Scrivener, then move on to... Kafka maybe? or Shakespeare if you want prose.
>>
Dostoyesky and Tolstoy
>>
don quixote
>>
>>9325595
Have you read old man and the sea? Unironically a good next move.
>>
>>9325595
I had to go to epics after I read it. Try the Iliad.
>>
>>9325912
unironically this
>>
>>9325595
Don Quixote
>>
Stoner
>>
>>9325595
The *other* Great American Classic:
Gone With The Wind
>>
>>9325595
Blood Meridian
>>
>>9327333
I came to say just this and went through all comments thinking "oh nobody's said it I get to be the first" and then I came to the last comment god dammit.

Blood Meridian.
>>
>>9325912
this
>>
>>9325912
I don't care what you read. What should I read?
>>
>>9325595
Read the Bible. Genesis, Exodus, Job, Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs, and Isaiah.
>>
I read Dubliners straight afterwards and that was nice. It's hard to get used to prose that isn't absolutely stunning though, but then you get The Dead and all is well.
>>
>>9325595
If you haven't read The Iliad yet, I recommend doing so. The Fagles translation is my favorite.
>>
>>9326930
>Shakespeare if you want prose
>>
>>9325595
What's with this sudden surge of people reading and discussing Moby Dick? I am wondering because I also started reading it a week ago.
>>
Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
>>
>>9328177
>no mention of Samuel 1,2 or Proverbs
>>
>>9325595
Read Don Quixote and then make comparisons between the two books for truly transcendental appreciation of these two gorgeous classics.
>>
>>9327010
god, no
what are you thinking?
>>
congrats dude you now have a doctorate in cetology
>>
>>9329918
Both about the ocean. Old men. Fishing. I thought it was pretty obvious!
>>
Poo
>>
>>9331422
to recommend that someone read hemingway after melville is downright malicious
>>
>>9331854
Old man and the sea kicks ass. Nuke the whales!
>>
>>9325912
Harold Bloom, drink your warm milk and take a nap.
>>
>>9326935
No, just Dosto
Tolstoy is good but not worthy
>>
File: 79007-tap-66845.jpg (12KB, 305x225px) Image search: [Google]
79007-tap-66845.jpg
12KB, 305x225px
Read a book that piques your interest

or maybe eat a sandwich
>>
>>9333624
Lmao pleb

Dosto is fucking shit tier compared to tolstoy

You are a shit taste pleb

Go get spoonfed more existential drivel peasant
>>
>>9333624
Dostoyevsky is overrated. Even the Death of Ivan Ilyich is better than any of his works.
>>
>>9325595
I genuinely envy people who finish Moby Dick and ask this question. That means they've had a once in a lifetime experience. This novel does is a proper drug.

Btw you should read

Mason and Dixon

OR

The Count of Monte Cristo

I read Monte Cristo because it was easier to read. But it's up to you. M&D is just as good as Moby Dick. Though Moby Dick makes you cry, M&D makes you sad forever without tears. Like Beer and Wine i guess.
>>
>>9325595
Read something more light-hearted, something that doesn't take itself too seriously, like a P.G. Wodehouse novel.
>>
Proust, because his novel is better.
>>
>>9333704

I second this
>>
>>9325595
Don't listen to these flapping quims, OP.

Conrad, you dolt.
>>
read "Involution Ocean" by Bruce Sterling. it's partly an homage to Moby Dick, except with drug addicts on an alien planet.
>>
Absalom, Absalom!

Thank me later.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.