[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the easy accessibility to literacy positive for literature,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: books.jpg (64KB, 628x314px) Image search: [Google]
books.jpg
64KB, 628x314px
Was the easy accessibility to literacy positive for literature, or were we better off when only an educated margin of the global population could write and read?
>>
>>9323318
Yes
>>
>>9323318
We were better off when only a small amount of the global population could write and read for many more reasons than just literature.
>>
>>9323452
>We were better off when only a small amount of the global population could write and read for many more reasons than just literature.
Would you mind to elaborate? I'm interested in hearing what you have to say; no sarcasm.
>>
>>9323461
The greatest example of it is education and politics. It's a pretty well known fact that the average person is really not what we would consider smart or intelligent--yet because we try to see everyone as equal, we force them into education that they wouldn't have been suitable for in any other era: and still are not very suitable for in this one. Now because of the forceful education of anyone that breathe, universities are filled to the brim with people that really don't need to be there, and ungodly expensive in comparison to the past; then because of that a bunch of useless degrees are created so that chad can study lesbian dance theory and have a seat in a school that otherwise wouldn't have any room for him.

And with politics, it's pretty self-evident: everyone who manages to make it to the age of 18 is able to vote, and now we have a bunch of unintelligent people who don't know anything about politics deciding what happens--which leads to chad being able to say that he identifies as a female, in order to enter the girls locker room. I agree with Voltaire's belief that the majority will not always lead to the correct decision: in fact, they more often will not.
>>
>>9323530
So, in your opinion, universities should only be accessible to a certain percentage of the population, or education in general? And thus, what use should be given to those who cannot be properly educated? At this rate, manual labor will slowly fade away as we continue integrating robots into your jobs.
>>
>>9323557
I think that universities should only be accessible to people who genuinely want to pursue academics and higher studies--as was their original intent, rather than 90% of people going their just to say that they were there. I think that standard elementary/middle school education is fine, but I think that the western world should adopt the testing that Asian countries use for high school admittance: so that only the people who actually want to be there receive higher education,-- and we can make it quality education again, rather than having to cater to tyrone and chad who don't show up to class anyways, due to the "no child left behind" state that we're in right now.

What to do with people who cannot be properly educated isn't an easy question to answer, but the reality is that a lot of jobs that ask for college degrees currently don't actually need them: most jobs can just be learned via training/apprenticeship. And most people who get degrees now don't actually use them anyways (mostly due to the degrees they get being worthless things like gender studies, but still).
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.