[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop hating my own writing? I love the act of writing,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: dur.jpg (113KB, 722x406px) Image search: [Google]
dur.jpg
113KB, 722x406px
How do I stop hating my own writing? I love the act of writing, and when I show others what I've made they tend to at least enjoy some of it and find it interesting enough to finish. But I can't stand reading back through my own works. At first it was because I knew my writing was lackluster and I was just writing out stories as a means to improve on myself, but now I just don't know. I mentally and physically cannot bring myself to read my own stuff no matter how hard I try and always end up sending it off to someone else without ever finding out if what I wrote is what I actually wanted to have read.
>>
>>9321538
How long have you been writing?
>>
>>9321543
Nearly two years on and off. Actually set out with the mind to write a novel back in May or June of 2015 and got through the first quarter of the story before going off on a tangent and losing the story as a whole due to my issues with reading my own writing. Stopped doing anything for four or so months then tried to go again with some short stories this time thinking they'd be easier to manage for now so I could try and get better at reading my own shit. Year and a half later and I can barely get through the first couple of paragraphs of my own stuff without getting irritated and going off to do something else.
>>
>>9321549
Two years was sort of a threshold for me. Try to write non-stop for a little bit. Growing from the first drafts and then, after some time has passed. Try reading your old shit. It'll be bad, but in a funnier way. And you'll see those glimmers of what you're striving for throughout your oeuvre in little lines that make you go damn.
>>
>>9321549
>>9321557
it's important to note I primarily write poetry though.
>>
>>9321538
I'm going to lurk here because I feel the same way (though I probably have more reason to feel insecure because I know fuck-all about effective writing and I haven't written much - this is obviously my fault).
>>
Bumping for interest
>>
File: il_570xN.326790874.jpg (151KB, 570x763px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.326790874.jpg
151KB, 570x763px
>>9321538
I'm going to post this everyday until you like it
>>
>>9322296
No Oxford comma.

Dropped.
>>
>>9322296
No tolerable woman has ever been named brenda
>>
>>9322383
Second'd.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.