[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone read Lincoln in the Bardo yet? If I don't like the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: lincoln in the bardo.jpg (153KB, 470x700px) Image search: [Google]
lincoln in the bardo.jpg
153KB, 470x700px
Anyone read Lincoln in the Bardo yet? If I don't like the writing style of his short stories, is there any chance I'll like this?
>>
>tfw you read it when it came out and nobody cared and now you don't care
>>
>>9317737
it's shit, YA tier.
>>
>>9317737
>unironically reading books from less than 25 years ago
>>
>>9318002
This. It's really fucking bad. It's so bad I don't even want to talk about it with anons anymore. I hate it more and more all the time.
Such a waste.
>>
test
>>
i liked it, never read anything else of his though
>>
>>9317737
There's no chance you'll like it if you don't like his short stories. It's worse than them.
>>
fjdk
>>
>>9318007
This, I'll wait till 2042 and if it's still remembered then I'll read it.
>>
>>9317737
Saunders basically copied a bunch of old tweet from a bunch of old faggots and called it a book or something,
>>
>>9318139
There are so many great works from the past, you'd pretty much never run out. I can't understand why anyone would take the risk of reading a modern work of fiction.
>>
>>9317737

I read Tenth of December and loved that book. I am 120 pages in and there isn't much of a story so far. This book feels different enough from ToD. It takes it's sweet time and is told from all these different perspectives and it does so by making every single speaker presented like a character in a play/a citation in an essay. The story seems very regular just told in a odd fashion and meandering on details. Some of it felt effective but so far I don't see what the point of the book really is which I find very strange. If this isn't enough to determine what you feel about it go to a library or book store or amazon and read two random pages of it. You will see what the whole book so far for me is like.
>>
>>9318227
Okay so I read more of this last night and I pretty much see what the point of it is. It is basically like an spiritual adventure in the afterlife and I am enjoying this. The characters and different povs are written in different styles including what I feel are more traditional writing styles. However a lot of it is written in his style I found in ToD: Frantic, oddly worded, earnest and quirky.

>>9317737
tl;dr don't read this OP
>>
>>9317737
Here's a hint: it was featured in the NYT. That should tell you enough about it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.