[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't all religious people — regardless of religion: from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: de.gif (16KB, 609x600px) Image search: [Google]
de.gif
16KB, 609x600px
Don't all religious people — regardless of religion: from the ancient polytheists to the modern monotheists — believe that they will be reunited with their loved ones "after death" somewhere? But that's also precisely what the Eternal Recurrence says — with the little caveat that we'll also be reunited with all those people that we hate, of course, or just generally dislike: which is precisely what the atheists believe, in their own way, when they say that we don't have to look far for heaven and hell, since they are both right here, right now.

See how everyone ultimately agrees on everything, if you know how to interpret what they say correctly? Which is to say, if your grasp of semiotics and psychology is so complete that you can jump between worldviews almost as easily as a translator does between the languages that he knows. And while language translation is possible because all languages ultimately express the same things: mankind's feelings; worldview translation is possible because all worldviews express the same thing too: the world, which all of us, of course, inhabit.
>>
>See how everyone ultimately agrees on everything, if you know how to interpret what they say correctly?

>I understand nothing, so everything looks the same
>>
>>9316163
>it's a dumb anon misreads Nietzsche episode AGAIN
>>
this is some robust bait
>>
>>9316163
I get your drift. According to negative theology, God does not exist because God is beyond existence.
>>
>>9316185
People don't really believe in the Eternal Recurrence. They only give credence to the idea — which is to say they refrain from ridiculing it — by association, because you also solve a lot of other great problems for them. "If he's right on all this other stuff, maybe he's right on this too," they think. But they don't understand what it would mean for this idea to be "right". I don't "believe" in the Eternal Recurrence either. I want it. And it is because I want it that the actions I take make it happen. And it is because I bring it about, finally, that naturally enough I also believe in it. People don't believe in it because they don't want it. Not a single one of them would want his life again, never mind exactly the same to infinity.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.