[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else is terrified of writing? I've received a lot of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (65KB, 291x542px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 291x542px
Who else is terrified of writing? I've received a lot of helpful feedback pitching my ideas to friends, family, teachers, coworkers, but it's so hard for me to write consistently. Am I just afraid of failing?
>>
Why even bother posting? Do you really expect to find a epiphinic answer here? Suppose a wise old sage was lurking the boards, for just this day, and happened upon this pathetic thread, bestowing his universal wisdom, would you even listen? I doubt you would, you sackless fiend. You'd avert your eyes and pretend you didn't see it, just to affirm your own wretched cowardice.
>>
>>9315966
Realistically you're lazy, but there might be a fear of failure broiling up in those gruts as well.
>>
>>9315997
>would you even listen? I doubt you would, you sackless fiend.

That's untrue. A lot of people aren't complete stuck, they just need that last push - to 'hear it from someone else'. OP could very well be one of those people.
>>
>>9315997
>>9316005
You both nailed it. I'm just being lame.
>>
File: 1489164282916.png (261KB, 1039x559px) Image search: [Google]
1489164282916.png
261KB, 1039x559px
>>9315966
Not me, my writing is fantastic and I regularly conceive of beautiful tidbits or word-plays in my head, the sort of stuff where you think 'I should write that down'. I never do though, no need, in the vastness of my ability I can afford to squander it all. There's a brilliant idea for a story I autistically enacted on the bus ride home just now I'm currently in the process of forgetting.
>>
>>9316020
>conceived of

this bait had potential but that is a glaring flaw
>>
>>9316013
Anytime, good luck anon
>>
>>9315966
>Am I just afraid of failing?

it sounds like it, yes.

remember that the perfect is the enemy of the good. many great authors have lots of shit/mediocre stories that they wrote because they liked the process of writing itself (Kafka's Investigations of a dog comes to mind, plus he wrote 100x more than what he finally published). meanwhile "the mediocre are always at their best."

The point is to write a lot. Nobody wants to hear that, cause they're used to constipationally writing by focusing really hard on their own greatness and only squeezing a sentence out if it's perfect. But I've found that this leads to perfectly rhythmic sentences that are, unfortunately, meaningless.

Moreover, once you let go of your self-obsessed perfectionism, you'll find that you're actually enjoying the process and you're producing works that actually have a small chance of ever meaning anything to anybody (which isn't true when you're trying to be cool).

The hardest part is getting started. Try to write as fast as you can for 500 words, and once you do, you'll have "warmed up."

The thing about inspiration is that you have to get it flowing. It's not like a lightning bolt that hits you, at least not out of a clear blue sky. You have to shuffle your socks across the carpet to start to get a charge.

Once you find that you really enjoy it, you won't be so reliant on parents' or teachers' opinions of things.

I mean, imagine if you treated getting a GF like that? You would be afraid to get one cause of your parents high expectations? Maybe in that context you can see how absurd it is to rely on other people to tell you what should make you happy.
>>
>>9316112
I appreciate this as well, anon. Thank you.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.