[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw Do you guys think Pynchon posts on r9k? I thought this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170330_130639.jpg (1MB, 2204x2244px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170330_130639.jpg
1MB, 2204x2244px
>tfw
Do you guys think Pynchon posts on r9k? I thought this book was supposed to be funny, but this passage made me feel the feels...
>>
What book is this?
>>
>>9314640
gravitys rainbow
>>
>>9314586
What kind of discussion did you intend to cause with this thread
>>
>>9314687
This one
>>
>>9314710
There isn't a discussion happening because you said fuck all.
>would pinecone post on r9k grs meant to be funny but I has all de feels
What do you want to discuss
>>
>>9315012
Jesus, woman detected.

>de feels da j000s XDddD i fit in!
>>
I read Inherent Vice but really struggled to get into it. I was about 2/3 but then got an injury so stopped reading for a while. I barely remember it at this point, but should I try it again or is it all as boring the OP?
>>
>>9315026
>calling me a woman because I referenced what he said
He said feel the feels you blind cunt do you think I'd voluntarily say that
>>
yeah i think pynchon posts on r9k

i think thats what he does
>>
>>9314586
Wow this is the Pynchon guy that's so acclaimed here?

Completely dry prose
>>
This is Gravity's Rainbow? The beginning made me put it down to pick it up at some future day, but this is more like Crying Lot, and now I just want to get through the beginning full of esoteric names and disorienting sequence of events to get to passages like these
>>
>>9316477

Oh fuck off shitposter
>>
>>9316955
Get ready, the passages get very spooky in the later parts...

>Byron, as he burns on, sees more and more of this pattern. He learns how to make contact with other kinds of electric appliances, in homes, in factories and out in the streets. Each has something to tell him. The pattern gathers in his soul (Seek, as the core of the earlier carbon filament was known in Germany), and the grander and clearer it grows, the more desperate Byron gets. Someday he will know everything, and still be as impotent as before. His youthful dreams of organizing all the bulbs in the world seem impossible now—the Grid is wide open, all messages can be overheard, and there are more than enough traitors out on the line. Prophets traditionally don't last long—they are either killed outright, or given an accident serious enough to make them stop and think, and most often they do pull back. But on Byron has been visited an even better fate. He is condemned to go on forever, knowing the truth and powerless to change anything. No longer will he seek to get off the wheel. His anger and frustration will grow without limit, and he will find himself, poor perverse bulb, enjoying it. ...
>>
>>9316477
>>9316477
If you ever insult Pynchon again, so help me God...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.