[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any contemporary philosophers or intellectuals tha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Guardian[1].jpg (60KB, 800x567px) Image search: [Google]
Guardian[1].jpg
60KB, 800x567px
Are there any contemporary philosophers or intellectuals that don't respect this globalist shill, /lit/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REiqkK3ckiM

Look at this shit, he's literally shilling for one world government and destruction of nations to "solve ecological issues", it's completely insane.
>>
He was universally considered a joke throughout every humanities department when I was at university (08-13). He was basically viewed as a self-parodying celebrity who gained popularity through his personality rather then from the merit of his "work".
I don't know what the situation is in the rest of the world but in the uk (with exceptions like essex university) zizek didn't fly very far.

The internets view of academia was much different to my experience of it
>>
>>9312784
But he always has actual academics around him and they don't seem much higher tier so to speak.
>>
Sean Goonan- The Foundation for Exploration
>>
>>9314674
What's this about? Also, where would I purchase it?
>>
>>9312784
His contemporaries he has influenced are tremedously respected though; Laclau, Mouffe, Badiou
>>
>>9314702
it's the author shilling for it, nevermind it.
>>
>>9312784
Typical Anglo-Analytic Dept I bet

Also, assuming OP isn't bait, Chomsky has a hissy fit with Zizek
>>
File: maxresdefault (11).jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (11).jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>physical removal of communists and democrats
>>
>>9312755
he's like a kid in a playground, I like him. He's not great, but he's better than most today's philosophers. I don't know how media portrays him, and he gets into a lot of useless debates, but he might be the last philosopher to actually influence some leaders. Before the Americans moulded his persona, he was pretty relevant locally. He actually went back to writing more serious stuff and the publishers are asking him "where are the nasty jokes, it's not selling that well!". I think he tries his best to balance seriousness with reach. Again, I was just typing out what I know, and how I feel about him, he might not be a great philosopher, and his fame doesn't reflect his philosophical work that well, but if you think he's a clown you could use some more digging into this guy. Not expecting Americans to feel him, but honestly, most philosophers will say he's better than Chomsky and Harris (inb4 muh antisemitism). Can't listen to his recordings without a breath-catcher tho.
>>
Why is it always said that he's supposedly a popular writer and not a 'real philosopher', if anything the ones who are not 'real philosophers' are the Anglo-American academics who have suppressed him for decades now. He's very important, and not just him alone, but connected with others in France, especially the lacanian movement which has too many names to list; basically formed an entire school of his own in Slovenia; friends in Germany, Russia; plenty of readers in the Anglosphere despite him being attacked here, and no doubt elsewhere.

Personally I find his books very enlightening.
>>
What if he debated Trump?
>>
>>9315708
The world is not ready
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.