[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this comic actually /lit/ material, or is it just an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Watchmen.jpg (89KB, 640x356px) Image search: [Google]
Watchmen.jpg
89KB, 640x356px
Is this comic actually /lit/ material, or is it just an overstretched meme?
>>
>>9312335
everything is a fucking meme now dude just enjoy what you enjoy and fuck everyone else. We're all gonna kill ourselves when we hit 30 anyway
>>
not /lit/ but worthwhile art nonetheless. comics aren't literature, they're their own medium, and there's nothing wrong with that. moore in general is GOAT.
>>
>>9312335
it's pretty great, yeah it's a comic but that just means you have to have a somewhat shifted set of sensibilities when you try to dig into it. Look at subtle stuff just like the framing and how the panels will complement eachother through chapters and stuff
>>
>>9312335
Its a fucking masterpiece.
>>
>>9312335
Its really good, as good as /co/ gets. But it is as much /lit/ as Bob Dylan's songwriting
>>
>>9312412
still has yet to reach the heights of /aco/ though
>>
I just had a very interesting adventure to the toilet where the spew looks like some form of ancient writing. Is that /lit/?
>>
File: tumblr_nbcw56jmNf1rey868o1_500.jpg (87KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbcw56jmNf1rey868o1_500.jpg
87KB, 500x375px
I liked it when I read it in high school.
>>
>>9312335
It's great. It really is. But it isn't really literature.

It wouldn't be as great if you stripped the images away from it. In fact, it would be bad.
>>
>>9312335
it was ok until the sophmoric part with the squid
>>
>>9312335
Its one of the few works that met the hype for me.
coincidentally I'm currently reading Giovanni's Room and it's also meeting, if not exceeding the hype
>>
I liked it, I'm not a comicbook person, but it's really quite cool, it's a bit thought provoking and fun.
>>
It is a masterpiece, but a different medium to lit. Moore was trying to make something that wouldn't work in any other medium, and he succeeded (thus the film is pretty bad, especially with the changes they made (that intro tho, brought tears to my eyes))
>>
>>9312335
no but it's fucking good.
>>
>>9312708
the film's biggest mistake is completely butchering the tone

watchmen could work as a 1-season show if the director understood it. it was a serial after all
>>
>>9312708

the film was terrible, and I didn't like the intro
>>
>>9312721
It's the exact same fucking thing, with a better ending.
>>
>>9312757

nah
>>
>>9312392
How do you define literature?
>>
>>9312757
the movie ending makes no sense, the plan doesn't even accomplish the same goal
>>
>>9312770
Based upon the written word, which comics, by definition, are not
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.