[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I didn't expect to cry to this so much. We're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1858.jpg (108KB, 260x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1858.jpg
108KB, 260x400px
I didn't expect to cry to this so much.
We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>9311176
Why the fuck did a COMEDY make you cry?

Where's the sense in that? Fucking Italians
>>
which translation?
>>
>>9311182
Hollander
>>
>>9311176
What do you mean?
>>
>>9311182
>translation

fucking plebs I swear to christ
>>
>>9311212
This.

>inb4 B-BUT I WOULD BE MISSING OUT XD
Reading a fucking translation is how you "miss out" you idiot

Have you read all the worthwhile books written in the languages you already know?
Of course not.

Have you at least read all the books written in the languages you know that are included in the canon?
No.

Well you are fluent in English, so you probably read all of Shakespeare, right?
Again, no.

What language are you currently studying? You ARE learning to speak, read and write in another language, aren't you?
Eh uhm

Fucking plebs
>>
>>9311255
>>9311212
Please just shut the fuck up and never post this dumb shit again.
>>
>>9311257
This. Post number 9311255 (not even worthy of a reply) was awkward garbage. And I even know Italian.
>>
>>9311255
You barely know English
>>
Paradiso best part
>>9311212
why can't there be a single thread without this garbage?
>>
>>9311257
>>9311279
>>9311348
>>9311357

>translation fags are THIS assravaged
>>
>>9311368
Assravaged was your awful post, not ours.
>>
File: 1410839175160.jpg (15KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1410839175160.jpg
15KB, 251x242px
>>9311379
What didn't you like about it, translation-cuck?

The PROSE? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>9311388
I was referring to this reddit shit >>9311255
>>
>>9311398
not him but I believe a common joke between frogposters is that translation readers read for the plot since the translated prose doesn't compare to the original and they are missing out on that part of the book
if someone reads a translation and says "i sure liked the prose in War in and Peace" he is an easy target for mockery since he read a translator's prose and not the authors

I think in that case you should treat the original and the specific translation you read as two separate works, like Borges did

>>9311176
How would you rank Inferno, Purgatorio and Paradiso OP?
>>
This is absolutely disgusting to me, that Americans will defy the artistic intentions of Dante-san by reading translations unaccompanied by a recording of the Italian. The only authentic way to experience La Commedia is to play a recording of the poem being read in Italian and reading along in English, like subtitles. This is the only authentic experience. No, I cannot understand Italian, but I get a lot out of the intonation of the reader. Italy is a dignified culture, and Dante-san would be shocked that fat American stranieri were experiencing his work this way. It is an insult, and you should all be ashamed.
>>
>>9311438
how many layers of irony are you on my dude
>>
>>9311176
>we're all gonna make it
Except, you know, all those souls stuck in hell

We don't all get to have our waifu give us a guided tour of heaven and look upon the face of god.
>>
>>9311255
>calling people plebs in writing fit for a five year old

GET OUT
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.