[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any passages or books that use the human body/anatomy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

Are there any passages or books that use the human body/anatomy as an extended metaphor, either directly or thematically?

I'm presently concerned with "the bodily function," and any sophisticated or literary takes on man as physiological would be helpful.

Thanks.
>>
>>9310889
bumping
>>
>>9310889
Sounds interesting. I'd like to know too.
>>
ANTIPHOLUS OF SYRACUSE
Then she bears some breadth?

DROMIO OF SYRACUSE
No longer from head to foot than from hip to hip:
she is spherical, like a globe; I could find out
countries in her.

ANTIPHOLUS OF SYRACUSE
In what part of her body stands Ireland?

DROMIO OF SYRACUSE
Marry, in her buttocks: I found it out by the bogs.

ANTIPHOLUS OF SYRACUSE
Where Scotland?

DROMIO OF SYRACUSE
I found it by the barrenness; hard in the palm of the hand.

ANTIPHOLUS OF SYRACUSE
Where France?

DROMIO OF SYRACUSE
In her forehead; armed and reverted, making war
against her heir.

ANTIPHOLUS OF SYRACUSE
Where England?

DROMIO OF SYRACUSE
I looked for the chalky cliffs, but I could find no
whiteness in them; but I guess it stood in her chin,
by the salt rheum that ran between France and it.

ANTIPHOLUS OF SYRACUSE
Where Spain?

DROMIO OF SYRACUSE
Faith, I saw it not; but I felt it hot in her breath.

ANTIPHOLUS OF SYRACUSE
Where America, the Indies?

DROMIO OF SYRACUSE
Oh, sir, upon her nose all o'er embellished with
rubies, carbuncles, sapphires, declining their rich
aspect to the hot breath of Spain; who sent whole
armadoes of caracks to be ballast at her nose.

ANTIPHOLUS OF SYRACUSE
Where stood Belgia, the Netherlands?

DROMIO OF SYRACUSE
Oh, sir, I did not look so low.
>>
>>9311116
good stuff.

also, I will also settle for any decent descriptions from horror, even in terms of gore.
>>
I'm seriously impressed, guys. We have this thread here and no one has mentioned the meme of the memes yet. Do you guys actually read, or do you shitpost the same boring stuff in every thread over and over again without even knowing what it's about?

Ulysses
>>
Hobbes' Lev.
>>
There's something of that nature at the beginning of the first volume of My Struggle, I think. It's been a while since I read it, though.
>>
File: Leviathan_by_Thomas_Hobbes.jpg (1MB, 1304x2004px) Image search: [Google]
Leviathan_by_Thomas_Hobbes.jpg
1MB, 1304x2004px
>>9311156
this

also go for Changing Images of Man
>>
File: artist-s-shit-1961.jpg (91KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
artist-s-shit-1961.jpg
91KB, 600x600px
>>9310889
Artist's Shit (Italian: "Merda d'artista") is a 1961 artwork by the Italian artist Piero Manzoni. The work consists of 90 tin cans, each 30 grams and measuring 4.8x6.5cm, with a label in Italian, English, French, and German stating:

Artist's Shit
Contents 30 gr net
Freshly preserved
Produced and tinned
in May 1961

At the time the piece was created Manzoni was producing works that explored the relationship between art production and human production, Artist's Breath ("Fiato d'artista"), a series of balloons filled with Manzoni's breath, being an example.
>>
File: 1490583470346.jpg (68KB, 563x491px) Image search: [Google]
1490583470346.jpg
68KB, 563x491px
Coriolanus, act 1, sc 1. Menenius tells the crowd the Fable of the Belly, an extended metaphor for the "body politic."

S took the image straight out of Petrarch's Life of Coriolanus. The image has other antecedents as well, discussed here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Belly_and_the_Members
>>
edgar huntly
>>
>>9310889
Gulliver's Travels
>>
File: schema.jpg (295KB, 658x471px) Image search: [Google]
schema.jpg
295KB, 658x471px
It's been mentioned once, but Ulysses. This is one of the schemas Joyce created.
>>
>>9310889
The Tower by Uwe Tellkamp.
>>
>>9310889
I'm Jack's Medulla Oblongata
>>
>>9311133
>>9313107
You got no replies because /lit/ is full of hacks
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.