[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm pleb tier when it comes to philosophy. The only primary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (116KB, 231x342px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
116KB, 231x342px
I'm pleb tier when it comes to philosophy. The only primary sources I have read are from Plato. So, what do you think about this reading list?

Metaphysics-Aristotle
Ethics-Aristotle
Meditations on First Philosophy-Descartes
Monadology-Leibniz
Discourse on Metaphysics-Leibniz
Enquiry on Human Understanding-Hume
Critique of Pure Reason-Kant
>>
You absolutely need to add Aquinas
>>
>skipping scholastics
Look at this retard
>>
>>9310275
proceed with the peripatetics
dont neglect the neoplatonists
continue with the church fathers
include the islamics
stick around for the scholastics
maintain for the modernists
go on with the germans
>>
>>9310441
thank you sir, I think I'll use the sat nav..
>>
>>9310275
This is not a pleb-tier list, so you're probably gonna have a hard time

Aristotle : why not, try the Ethics, but I wouldn't venture into the Metaphysics immediately.
Descartes : try the Discourse first (skip part V). The Meditations are pretty difficult, take your time and check the Objections and Replies when something is really hard to understand.
Leibniz : that's fine, however these two works are very concise. They'll give you a decent overall view but probably without an accurate understanding of every single argument. A longer essay by Leibniz (Causa Dei for instance) or a few other short essays aimed at a specific issue (instead of being general like the Discourse and the Monadology) could be helpful.
Hume : yeah
Kant : well, yeah the 2 prefaces and the introduction, but if you plan to go further you'll probably need a companion of some sort (guidebook or lessons you can attend - unless you already have).
>>
Start with the presocratics
>>
>>9310279
>>9310283
I left out the scholastics because I have looked and I can't find anywhere to obtain their works. Any suggestions?
>>
>>9310599
Aquinas can be found on bookzz.org
>>
>>9310604
Thanks
>>
>>9310599
Library Genesis
>>
>>9310275
Who gives a shit about this garbage

You losers need to get a life and read some real literature not this philosophy 101 crap.
>>
>>9310599
Literally google "aquinas shorter summa"
>>
>>9311517
do you have a prollem with philosophy fampai
>>
>>9310275
Start with the greeks and continue with Stirner
>>
>>9312531
thats like reading a preface and skipping to the last page right after
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.