[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's an old guy at the library I usually attend, who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

There's an old guy at the library I usually attend, who doens't stop talking to me, every fucking day.

He just doesn't stop interrupting me with random book recommendations, random topics; asking about my course, my life, my reading, what I do, etc.

I consider to hide me from him or getting away from that library. Or simply being rude with him, so that he stops annoying me.

pls, /lit/, help me
>>
Just because it's set in a library doesn't make it /lit/

>>>/adv/
>>
>>9309543
dont be a dickhead
>>
>>9309543
>>9309536
this isn't /lit/ though. use headphones and wave and say you are busy. or fucking check out the books you need and study elsewhere?
>>
>>9309536
lol you're gonna get turned out bby
>>
Seduce him
>>
"Hey, what are you reading?" said someone annoyingly, and perhaps overenthusiastically. It was a male voice, of course, and it had that flirty 'nice guy'-esque intonation to it, the one that says, "Hey, let's be friends," as well as, "I'm going to hit on you now, and not very subtly." She looked up from her barely breached book to find a young man staring her in the face. She saw that he was well-groomed and not exactly ugly, but he had what you might call 'soft features.' He was wearing a button-down shirt and looked to be in his early 20s.
She instinctively began to think of a way to disengage. She wanted to do it smoothly, to project kindness but also disinterest. "Oh, just a book about history," she said in an intentionally self-dismissive manner, casually arching her neck down toward the book. "Well, this is the history section," he said with a grin. "Yup," she said nonaffectively, once again moving her head toward the book. There was a pause. "Is that the kind of stuff you usually read?" he inquired. "Oh, I read everything," she responded, hoping that the sentence came out more politely than she really felt like being at the moment. "Yeah, me too," he said, and added, "I usually try to grab a bit of everything when I come here." She had never seen him here before.
"So, you come here a lot?" he asked. "Yeah, when I can," she allowed. "Yeah man, love this place. It's nice in here," he said cheaply. She wanted to tell him to leave her alone, but part of her knew that to be a callous solution masquerading as a direct one. She wanted to question him empathically on the kind of previous mistake or misfortune that led him to a state of loneliness such that he was willing to forgo the sacred law of library solitude in order to engage with her on such a superficial level, but she knew this would come across as either deeply insulting or romantically alluring. She wanted to make an excuse and promptly walk away, but another more territorial part of her felt like she shouldn't have to do that. Weighing the options, she chose to let it play out.
She watched him steel up for a moment. "You wanna go grab coffee or something?" he asked finally. She almost laughed at how unreceived her signaling went, and she suddenly felt like communicating with this person had become impossible. She couldn't think of a response, so she settled for, "I don't really drink coffee." A slight show of panic came to light on the young man's face and with that she experienced the unwanted burden of rejecting someone. "So you wanna just go for a walk then?" he followed up quickly, hopefully. "I'm kinda into this book right now," she replied apologetically. "Oh cool, cool…" were the words he let drift out, offering a little burst of contrite laughter to show his acceptance. ”Well, I guess I'll see you around then," he said. She offered him a smile and he walked away.
>>
Do you have a dad?

It could be him.
>>
>>9309784
Fuck men amiriite
>>
>>9309536
Be rude.
>>
>>9309856
basically yeah
>>
File: 1_ECTWwrul8T0wPGr99GkmZg[1].png (356KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1_ECTWwrul8T0wPGr99GkmZg[1].png
356KB, 640x480px
>>9309784
>opening yourself up to the possibility of rejection
>ever
>>
>>9309784
>She almost laughed at how unreceived her signaling went
Geez it sure would suck if you spoke aloud the things you wanted to communicate.
Other than that 6/10 unengaging but concise and readable.
>>
how about you stop being an asshat and talk to him and then tell him you need to get on with whatever you intended to do? common courtesy, do you know it?
>>
>>9309896
ty man

not defending myself but the point is that women will often go to great lengths in order to avoid coming across as 'mean' or 'rude'
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.