[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he considers himself intelligent >he considers himself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: normalfags.jpg (36KB, 600x345px) Image search: [Google]
normalfags.jpg
36KB, 600x345px
>he considers himself intelligent
>he considers himself an enthusiast of philosophy and literature
>yet he can't speak and read french

this is just inexcusable

a knowledge of french is perfunctory for anyone who takes an interest in the liberal arts

explain yourselves right now
>>
THIS IS AMERICA NIGGA WE SPEAK ENGLISH
>>
>>9308654
I'm american and a student of french. Learning french to better understand philosophy and literature is what separates the genre fiction plebs from true patricians.
>>
>>9308652
I'd rather walk the Earth deaf, blind and dumb than give any satisfaction that the French may receive from me learning to speak their language.
>>
File: 1490617608709.png (254KB, 501x660px) Image search: [Google]
1490617608709.png
254KB, 501x660px
>>9308652
You used the word perfunctory incorrectly.
>>
>>9308682
uncultured swine.
>>
>>9308652
>remettre en question ma maîtrise de la langue française
>partir du principe que /lit/ est essentiellement composé d'américains
>>
>>9308684
I just noticed that I did and it felt quite bad

maybe it's the alcohol or the sleep deprivation
>>
>>9308652
As someone who actually reads, writes, and speaks French well enough to be considered well written and spoken in France when I visit (though I am sometimes asked where in France I was born, French is not actually my first language and I've never visited there for longer than a month), that's horseshit.

It's certainly good to read and speak French for the reasons you implied. As well English, Russian, Greek, Arabic, and Latin, to name a few.

Stop patting yourself on the back for one measly thing you've done right that others haven't. It's part of a complex of confirmation bias that should repulse you as an intellectual being that desires truth and clarity.
>>
>>9308697
That's not a mistake due to booze or fatigue, that's hubris and ignorance entwined poetically and on garish display.
>>
>>9308685
How old are you? Stop talking like you belong in the 1800s
>>
>>9308697
>i-it's just that I'm drunk... and tired
Embarrassing
>>
>>9308713
Not them, but it's a fair and tonally appropriate response to "deaf, blind, and dumb". Not to mention a common phrase in the current year.
>>
>>9308652

Ah oui, c'est inexcoosabluh

Ces Americaines, ils n'avent pas le couture!
>>
>>9308697
>maybe it's the alcohol or the sleep deprivation

Or maybe you're kind of a dummy, OP.
>>
>>9308713
>not realizing "uncultured" comes from the 1500's and "swine" from the 1200's
UNCULTURED SWINE
>>
>>9308652
>French
Pfffhahahahaha. Gay ass fucking language, useless for philosophy, everyone shallow as fuck... Theres some decent literature, but learning that shit language that degenerates your brain is not worth it.
>>
>>9308652
weeeeeee!
c'est mole'st un baguette??!?
HONHONHONHOHN
>>
>>9308725
I am one, I'm not going to deny it. I have a low IQ.
>>
File: what.jpg (70KB, 800x610px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
70KB, 800x610px
>french philosophy
>>
>>9308652

if french philosophy is so great why are they flooded with algerians and somalis
>>
File: 857271294.jpg (37KB, 591x600px) Image search: [Google]
857271294.jpg
37KB, 591x600px
its my first tongue cunt
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.