[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have the annotated Lolita? Is it worth reading after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: lll.jpg (41KB, 324x499px) Image search: [Google]
lll.jpg
41KB, 324x499px
Does anyone have the annotated Lolita? Is it worth reading after an initial reading of Lolita?
>>
Yes it is.
>>
>>9308184
How so?
>>
File: IMG_20170328_233659313.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170328_233659313.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
I wrote a lot of shit but it got erased by mistake.

In short, it has useful annotations, an insightful introduction, and nice typesetting.

Appel was in contact with Nabokov throughout the editing process and some annotations are actually comments from Nabokov on a certain passage.

If you want to study Lolita or to know more about it because you really liked it, then go for it. It's definitely worth it.

Pic related, it's my copy. I've read it twice or thrice and it's always a nice experience.
>>
>>9308214
Awesome
>>
>>9308156
Yes but a word of caution, keep in mind that this is essentially a work of literary criticism (although muddled by Nabokov's input), don't make the mistake of thinking it is infallible. I have seen way to many people regurgitate the books ideas as if they are the final word on Lolita.
>>
>>9308254
This, and you should apply it to any piece of literary criticism. You shouldn't dismiss them, as some idiots here do, but you shouldn't regurgitate them either. They are ways of making sense of a novel, but the reader should use them as tools instead of as a manual. Form your own opinion. After a second reading, with this edition as a tool, you should be well prepared to discuss the novel sensibly.
>>
>>9308156
Why would you every get annotated anything unless you HAD to read the book for a Uni thing and didn't want to read it
>>
>>9308602
I don't think lit is for you anon
>>
>>9308602
Get out Senpai
>>
You have been reported to the FBI.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.