[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

More works like Sir Gawain and the Green Knight? That was a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: hirsch-600.jpg (63KB, 600x390px) Image search: [Google]
hirsch-600.jpg
63KB, 600x390px
More works like Sir Gawain and the Green Knight?

That was a beautiful poem. I'm craving more like it
>>
>>9307118
Sadly a solecism in its class. A great poem.
>>
Beowulf, the illiad, the song of Roland. There's lots of poems and stories that deal with heroes and warfare. That was their thing back then. As far as beautiful poetry, I'm clueless. The beauty of language is lost on me.
>>
>>9307191
It's the way the poem and story merge in GK-- there's really nothing at all like it in its time-period, or even. It's both dead-on and wonderfully strange.
>>
>>9307222
x even now, i.e.
>>
There's a nice penguin edition of Arthurian Romance. I recommend that.

Yvain is probably the best one. Also try Don Quixote if you haven't yet
>>
>>9307166
A solecism is usually a mistake in a printed text, also an intentional error. Are you trying to say it's a one-of-a-kind work? Like an artistic hapax legomenon?
>>
>>9307118

Besides the usual arthurian stuff, move into the renaissance and look for poems with elements of romance. Not the harlequin kind, the kind Don Quixote was obsessed by.

Orlando Furioso by Ariosto
The Faerie Queene by Edmund Spenser
Gerusalemme liberata by Torquato Tasso
>>
>>9307347
Meant it in the sense of its being a deviation from, in this instance, a certain type of form. But youre right, it's needlessly confusing. My bad.
>>
Good stuff in this thread.
>>
>>9307367
I forgot to add that the Gawain poet has sometime s been associated with similar ME poems like Pearl, Cleanness, Patience. Obviously if your interest is partially linguistic you will have some fun with them.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.