[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to publish on amazon but im scared absolutely no one will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1490579285844.png (571KB, 1241x785px) Image search: [Google]
1490579285844.png
571KB, 1241x785px
I want to publish on amazon but im scared absolutely no one will read it, any advice?

I know publishing there is free but ill still be paying for the cover.
>>
>>9303242
What do you write? Is it shit? If so, people probably will not read it.
>>
>>9303244
Fantasy novel. I dont think its excellent at all but i also dont believe is shit.
>>
self publishing on amazon is 99% marketing and 1% writing. the most successful fiction are romance that follow some niche gimmick like tattoos that have easily searchable terms.
>>
>>9303272
that sucks. How can i do marketing? Posting links for my novel on reddit or tumblr or something?
>>
>>9303272
>the most successful fiction are romance that follow some niche gimmick
pic related
>>
>>9303285
I fucking love this world i swear. Its so wrong but in such a retarded way.
>>
>>9303242
I've had kind of terrible luck with Amazon. >>9303272 is completely correct -- you've got to be able to market whatever you've written well, regardless of how good the work itself is. You can set up your own ad campaign for a minimum of $100 and it'll run for a month, but that's a pretty steep price considering you almost definitely won't make that back up in sales. Unless you've written the perfect shitty romance novel for whoever actually buys self-published Amazon ebooks.

I mean, I was asking for my terrible sales. I made the cover myself and wrote a story without a single word of romance. On the other hand, I got three good reviews from the rare person who read it.

Honestly, I had more luck selling physical copies of the book printed through Amazon's offshoot for that sort of thing, CreateSpace. I bulk ordered so the printing fees weren't too bad (20 books at a time) at a cost of $13 per copy, shipping included. Then I sold them on for $20 each and made a neat profit of $7 per book. You gotta keep in mind that one or two books in twenty might not print correctly, though, and accept that you'll just have to sit on those copies or donate them to charities but you won't get money for them. Most common issue is the cover coming out fucked up.

All you gotta do then is find people IRL who'll buy and read whatever you put in front of them.

The only thing with CreateSpace is you've got to be really careful with formatting or your book will look terrible. Correctly formatted, though, and it'll look like any paperback anywhere.

Eh.

You actually will make the most money with niche erotica and a good cover.
>>
>>9303307
What was your book about?

Mine is just fantasy, i dont know if that is popular on amazon. It has no romance although the continuations do have some so i guess i can trick readers saying it has.
>>
Perhaps it's because I don't have a Kindle, but the idea of reading Amazon self publisher works has never crosseed my mind. I've never stumbled across them. Even when I search for a book title it's rare that I find an ebook. It's pretty common that I find some illegitimate offshoot or sequel or some such nonsense though. If you search "Frankenstein" 1% of the results are Shelley and the other 99% is some shit by blokes you've never heard of.

Although again as a note, I think the latest published book I've read was in all likelihook Fight Club, which I expect was mid 90's.
>>
>>9303285
>>9303292
Looks like a rip off of chuck tingle
>>
>>9303320
Supernatural urban fantasy. Bit of All Myths Are True mixed in.

The POV character was a werewolf cursed by an angry god so he was stuck as a wolf for years. He went off to the woods to do wolf things but came back when people in his hometown started being mysteriously murdered and all their teeth stolen. Throughout the course of the book he never regains human form, there is never internal monologue, no flashbacks to a time when he was human and could speak. He interacts with other human characters as a wolf or dog must, while also solving the murders. Eventually. Too late.

It actually wasn't terrible.
>>
File: buttcops.jpg (122KB, 469x750px) Image search: [Google]
buttcops.jpg
122KB, 469x750px
>>9303359
>>9303285
>>9303292

>on the phone with my brother
>"yeah, I bought a chuck tingle book, I had to, just once."
>"who's chuck tingle?"
so I begged him to look up chuck tingle. Listening to him shrieking with laughter was a great time.
chuck tingle is a gift.
>>
>>9303381

This is good strategy. Make something so retarded and out there that people will buy it "because I just had to"
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.