[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people consider Shakespeare a writer? He wrote plays intended

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0801.jpg (303KB, 1200x1537px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0801.jpg
303KB, 1200x1537px
Why do people consider Shakespeare a writer? He wrote plays intended to be performed at theaters, and he didn't even give a shit about whether or not they were preserved for future generations.

Why do people read him? Is it just a meme?
>>
>>9297019

He was the invention of The Earl of Oxford and his works are only still famous because British Imperialists used him as "evidence" of their cultural superiority.
>>
Shakespeare is a good dramatist but fails on every level by literary standards.

Chaucer >>>>>> Shakespeare
>>
>>9297028
>>9297045
/lit/s really gone to shit, huh?
>>
>>9297019

>Why do people consider Shakespeare a writer? He wrote

Gee, dunno
>>
>>9297019
>why do people consider Shakespeare a writer?
>He wrote

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>9297070
>>9297071
Damn beat me by 23 seconds
>>
>>9297019

The theatre writers also are writers.
>>
>>9297045
Shakespeare copy and steal many Chaucer's things, but is better.
>>
What a shit-tier thread.

So what if he didn't prepare his own legacy? He just left that to his friends after all, and they took care of it.

Believe it or not Shakespeare wasn't a kind of one man genius either. He was working with plenty of fellow dramatists.
>>
He wrote dramas and lyric and narrative poetry. If he isn't a writer nobody is.
>>
>>9297019
The same reason people consider Homer a poet
>>
you don't have to know that you're great in order to be great. In fact, one of the signs of greatness is often apathy or even antipathy towards one's own work (see Chaucer, Kafka, etc)
>>
>>9297130
>He was working with plenty of fellow dramatists.
Very early in his career for his worst plays. Shakespeare is unique for his time in that at a certain point in his development he stopped all collaboration and wrote all of his works, including all of his greatest ones, alone.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.