[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"I am bored by writers who join the social-comment racket.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: vlad.jpg (39KB, 411x395px) Image search: [Google]
vlad.jpg
39KB, 411x395px
>"I am bored by writers who join the social-comment racket. I despise the corny Philistine fad of flaunting four-letter words. I also refuse to find merit in a novel just because it is by a brave Black in Africa or a brave White in Russia — or by any representative of any single group in America. Frankly, a national, folklore, class, masonic, religious, or any other communal aura involuntarily prejudices me against a novel, making it harder for me to peel the offered fruit so as to get at the nectar of possible talent."

Would he have been ostracized by today's academia?
>>
Yeah man, totally. Literally everyone now a days would disagree with you. Only we at 4chan agree what you're saying.
>>
He's laughing at me...
>>
I agree with NAbokov

this shit is more evident in cinema too nowadays
>>
>>9294150
Today's academia is his day's academia. Nothing has changed in the 50 or so years since he said that. You only believe it has because you've never been a part of it.
>>
Nabokov is truly the best contrarian of the last century
>>
>>9294168
and it infects every single aspect of our lives. the obsession with race/culture needs to be thrown in the fire if we're to move forward.
>>
File: 1482500085237.gif (1MB, 480x207px) Image search: [Google]
1482500085237.gif
1MB, 480x207px
>by a brave Black in Africa or a brave White in Russia

So cheeky
>>
>>9294203
That's Borges but Nabokov is close enough
>>
He's very vain with expecting the world to live up to his undetermined standards
>>
He's the grumpiest Russian expat.

Remember that the Russian greats had a fundamentally moralistic dimension to their novels: Dostoevsky and Tolstoy are the two, both of which apply here.

Nabokov has westernised himself by being such a typically French or British aesthete.
>>
>>9294697
He doesnt expect anything, dingus
>>
>>9294697
He's just giving some of his criteria for things he likes to read?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.