[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is submitting content to free-to-enter writing competitions online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1489781371690.jpg (137KB, 640x461px) Image search: [Google]
1489781371690.jpg
137KB, 640x461px
is submitting content to free-to-enter writing competitions online the ultimate meme?

Like, after I've written something what am I supposed to do with it? Can I just take it to a literature professor at my school and ask them to look at it for me?
>>
>>9292824
You could, if you dare.
>>
>>9292824
You write something for practice. If you are confident you can contact an author you admire and ask for a consultation or some gay shit like that.
>>
>Can I just take it f5a literature professor at my school and ask them to look %&at it for me?
No. Don't do that, you parasite.

Find an online community of writers who you respect, and use them. It probably doesn't have to be /lit/. Don't forget to pay it forward.
>>
>>9293030
how does that further my goal of getting published though

ftr im not planning on asking a professor to edit my shit for me, just to look at it and maybe pass it on to a contact
>>
>>9293058
You just submit. There is no other way. This is what all writers do. If you are really lazy just go to the submittable blog and look through their weekly post about ending submissions. Find magazines that have a similar feel to what you write. Read every day. Write every day. Give thought to your work. Eventually you'll get somewhere.

Also submit to larger contests. They usually charge but if you're any good it's worth it. You know if you're good. Even if you're not there's a lot of crap out there and you get get published with it.
>>
>>9293277
i cant make myself put effort into something so bureaucratic

oh well, maybe someone will find my manuscripts once i die. probably not though.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.