[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does insomnia do to your brain? a lot of writers were insomniacs.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3041.jpg (48KB, 220x291px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3041.jpg
48KB, 220x291px
what does insomnia do to your brain?
a lot of writers were insomniacs. for example kafka or proust. joyce and nietzsche have implied sleeping problems. not to mention the evil side of lack of sleep. stalin, hitler and mao all were infamous for their fucked up sleep patterns and inability to fall asleep, sometimes for more than 24h.

i'm sure there are a lot more but those are the ones i came up with after a quick research.

i'm wondering if the insomnia was a result of their unusual brain activities or if it was the other way around... what do you think, /lit/? and do you know any other insomniac writers?
>>
File: 117566[1].jpg (22KB, 261x400px) Image search: [Google]
117566[1].jpg
22KB, 261x400px
>>
>>9292330
interesting, thanks anon!

i'm trying to find other people with unusual mental ctivities that were insomniacs. mengele obviously was one too...
>>
>>9292322
>kafka
He was torned apart by existential dread. He had good reason not to sleep at night.

>Nietzsche
He was torned apart by costant headaches and various ailments.

>Joyce
Same as above.

>Stalin, Hitler and Mao
Wether you believe in their cause or not, they had to put their name on lots of actually fucked up political acts. Wether you think you're right or not, having on your coscience thousands if not millions of dead people will do that to your sleep.

Only Proust was a good example, everyone else there had either physiological or ethical reasons for not sleeping at night.
>>
>>9292355
retarded
>>
>>9292355
i get that they had good reasons for their lack of peace to find sleep. but, as an example; hitler has been an insomniac from a very young age. what i wonder is if insomnia could be linked to abnormal personalities. you can't denie that both stalin and kafka aren't your usual friendly neighbourhood pals. what i want to know is if insomnia is the root of the oztput those people had. if it somehow altered the was they thought and the outcom was the work of their individual character. so, in one person, insomnia leads to "in search of lost time" and in others it leads to the gasing of millions.

i'm generally intrigued with sleep. and the lack thereoff. and it seems like insomnia is often occuring in extreme personas...
>>
to add, i have been a very bad sleeper since birth. and to my shame, i have to admit that people that are deep sleepers disgust me. they appear to be more animalistic than human. i know that's silly but it feels like they are opperating on low levels.
>>
>>9292355
not a good post desu senpai
>>
>>9292681
>>9292389

That post is factually true.
Kafka was a anxious wreck, Joyce was a unhealthy schizo and Nietzsche was bedridden cause of migraines and other illnesses for most of his life.
Stalin, Hitler and Mao are all responsible for the death of more than 1 people, which is usually enough to keep you awake at night for years. Also they obviously were anxious af since they were running countries and dealing with harsh wars.
>>
>>9292859
Your post is not factually true
>>
>>9292322
idk nigga, google it
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.