[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I was the shadow of the waxwing slain >By the false azure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: images-206.jpg (9KB, 209x298px) Image search: [Google]
images-206.jpg
9KB, 209x298px
>I was the shadow of the waxwing slain
>By the false azure of the windowpane

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>9291928
Sez in the footnote it's about a little birdo whom flies smack into Shade's windowglass
>>
hes a bird who hit glass and died
>>
>>9291928
he identifies as the shadow of a bird that flew into a window
>>
>>9291928
birds can't drive but they're important enough to write poetry about
>>
He is on the other side of the windowpane. His name is John SHADE.
>>
nothing he just wanted to use the word azure
>>
>>9291928
Something about loins on fire.
>>
Birdo hit a window because he thought it was the sky (azure)

The narrator was the shadow of the birdo
>>
>>9291928
Dat aesthetic imagery
>>
>>9291945
it's a good word.
>>9291949
:( sad for birdo
>>
>>9291928
Something about a gay king of Zembla, I think
>>
Is Nabokov one of the best writers of the 20th century? It seems like all his major works (Lolita, Ada, or Ardor, Pale Fire, Speak, Memory) are all masterpieces
>>
KIIIIMBOOOOOTE
>>
File: Lord_Kinbote_arrives.jpg (36KB, 676x510px) Image search: [Google]
Lord_Kinbote_arrives.jpg
36KB, 676x510px
>how the hell should i know?
>>
File: 1414392353126.png (185KB, 410x379px) Image search: [Google]
1414392353126.png
185KB, 410x379px
i am a birdo
who hit the window
>>
windowpane = form of LSD delivery
>>
Shade takes up the bird's fancied continued flight in the reflected sky (the image of the sky on the reflected window pane is itself an image of the imagination caught in the act imagining some dead bird's afterlife as one's own). So the fellow who wrote 'Kinbote' above is quite correct. The first two lines of the poem contain further implications if the poem- and the notes- are considered in the whole.
>>
>>9292425
Damn
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.