[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have an idea for a novel but have no clue how to get started.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

I have an idea for a novel but have no clue how to get started. Can anyone help me get some momentum?
>>
>>9291820
whats it about
>>
>>9291826
Higher dimensional beings manipulate a mans fate in a ritualistic manner for their own divine purpose
>>
>>9291820
Meaning what, method? Depends on style. Maybe picture a scene. You don't have to start at the beginning

Or motivation? Forbid yourself from fapping until you've completed a certain amount of pages
>>
>>9291844
now that depends on whether you are more an impressionist (like me) or an expressionist type

imagine a picture, a scene
try catching details that come to mind while thinking about it and starting with describing them or the atmosphere
them keep connecting to the events
>>
>>9291846
This is good info, thanks. I'm not approaching a specific angle because I've never written outside of what I did in high school
>>
>>9291820
start by writing it you fucking faggot
>>
>>9291844
there's a retard general always running. go to it.
>>
File: mentor.jpg (178KB, 1400x800px) Image search: [Google]
mentor.jpg
178KB, 1400x800px
Abandon desire
>>
>>9291844
read Iliad
>>
>>9291868
Well I obviously don't have the savant-type intelligence you have because I can't touch the pen to paper and create a masterpiece like it's nothing
>>
>>9291855
And how would an impressionist go about writing without having to describe a scene every other page?
>>
>>9291883
Spell it out in caps cause I can't tell if it's II or LL or IL
>>
Thanks for abandoning my thread, boys.
>>
>>9291844
how much of an autist must you be to give birth to such crap?
>>
You need to open with a killer opening. An opening that raises questions. An opening that gets the readers scratching their heads. And opening that leaves begging for more.
>>
>>9291958
You usually go through about 2-5 drafts before you have a complete book. Start writing
>>
>>9292470
Pancake found her slaving, godmore
>>
Do you guys usually outline your plot before you write, even completing chapters out of order according to the outline, or do you just ramble on like me and then dig through all the shit to pull out the decent ideas?
>>
>>9291844
oh, so you're writing "The Game of Blood and Dust" by Roger Zelazny? neat.

as for the start.. Alfred Bester said you should start a book with a massive explosion, and then ramp the interest up from there.
>>
sonemic will NEVER lunch
>>
File: lunch.jpg (2KB, 129x90px) Image search: [Google]
lunch.jpg
2KB, 129x90px
>>9293360
>>
>>9291844
I am currently writing this. Fuck off.
>>
No. It is a path you must walk alone.
>>
>>9291820
Sonemic will NEVER lunch
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.