[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Damn. What did highly influential and critically lauded writer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 7

Damn. What did highly influential and critically lauded writer Ishmael Reed mean by this?
>>
>>9291544
What do you think?
>>
>>9291544
somewhere in all those typos is the claim that white culture presented to us in the media is not what one will experience in the actual streets on a personable, granular level, and that institutions are adamantly pushing the fabrication of "Western Civilization" and it's "values", implying towards systemic whitewashing and historical revisionism.
>>
>>9291589
Imagine being as dull and monothematic (autistic) as this poster.
>>
>>9291692
he's right tho you cuck
>>
Why are blacks so obsessed with whites?
>>
So true hehe, glad we're turning into a cultureless hellhole
>>
>>9291589
OP quote didn't say anything about reparations so yes.
>>
>>9292339
Black culture > white "culture"
>>
>>9291544
I believe means American cultural institutions are resisting the birth of a true American culture (I wish he would have been a bit more specific about which cultural institutions - perhaps in his day it was all of them, idk).

They do this by clinging to what Western Civilization was. These institutions are focused on maintaining that framework and advancing only within its bounds. In other words, Reed sees them as highly conservative.

This amounts to a "Whitetown" because people of color were not a part of Western cultural history. They were not permitted to be - in a full sense.

In opposition to this attitude, America is multicultural, and, therefore, a truly American culture is whatever comes out after the blending of our collective cultures has produced a new and stable culture as the byproduct of amalgamation.

Ishmael is basically saying Academic and Artistic institutions are afraid of a corruption of What Is, and so resist the culture sharing which must take place for a stable American culture to exist. Due to their resistance, we learn of one another's cultures not within cultural institutions, as we should (at least in part), but "on the streets," in the real world, from one another.

Essentially, this is a conservative v. liberal argument. In the purest sense. One side wishes to hold on, to preserve, to conserve, and one to move forward, to embrace, and to liberate control.

I don't know when he wrote this, but I think it is a bit outdated today.
>>
>>9292354
preach it brother
>>
>>9292366
>This amounts to a "Whitetown" because people of color were not a part of Western cultural history. They were not permitted to be - in a full sense.
Wow, a culture resisting outsiders, how unique.
>>
>>9292354
American blacks don't have black culture. They have slave culture. You'd need to go somewhere else to find black culture, like Africa, Central America or Brazil.
>>
>>9292366
It means that white culture looks like this high standard Shakespearian meme while actual white culture is going to starbucks and shit, ya dip.
>>
>>9292384
That's just it. They weren't outsiders. They were made to be outsiders. At least when we're speaking of America.

Also, don't mistake me. I'm speaking matter-of-factly - not as a criticism. You shouldn't take it as one. I see no point in criticizing the dead.
>>
>>9292404
Who cares, let's just try to have a culture
>>
>>9292385
>>9292385
Nonsense.

Much of American culture is born of African American culture. African American culture has been shaping American culture since the 18th century, and since slavery was eradicated, its impact has been large.

Without African Americans, you have no American culture. It would be something completely different than it is - dramatically so.

You need to erase that bias - it's blinding you.
>>
>>9292412
Everyone has a culture.
>>
>>9292415
Niggers have been degenerating culture for centuries, with such outstanding contributions as rap music, peanut butter, and ebonics.

Thanks black people!
>>
>>9292415
Maybe American culture wouldn't be so bad if the blacks never went there.
>>
>>9292420
how convenient
>>
>>9292415
Popculture*
Real culture would still be intact
>>
>>9292436
Yours is an uneducated response.

>>9292443
As is yours.
>>
>>9292415
Ya didn't even fucking read my sentence properly you blind fuck.
Black culture in the US barely has origins in african culture, it's literally just slave culture you deluded cunt.
>>
>>9292448
I guess. Since we can't escape culture, we have no way of knowing whether or not it's convenient.

>>9292451
Another uneducated response.
>>
>>9292461
No, you're the educated one here. Henry James and Orson Welles wouldn't exist without black culture.
>>
>>9292466
Why do you think every post that denigrates black "culture" is uneducated?
>>
>>9292463
Your thinking is poor.

Slave culture? So all slaves share a culture do they? No, they don't.

No black culture? If they are black and have a culture - it is a black culture.

I understand what you're getting at, but it really is too shallow. If you attempt to analyze African American culture exclusively through the lens of "they were slaves" you won't understand it.
>>
>>9292463
What makes black USA culture so tragic is that it was literally slaves imitating their masters. Even now, the slaves descendents still can't throw off that slave mentality.

Even more so than money, reparations would have to involve total destruction and rebuilding of black American culture to repair damage done to them by slave owners. This will never happen, of course, so the USA is probably fucked.
>>
>>9292443
>Maybe American culture wouldn't be so bad if the blacks never went there.

it's not like they invaded, you ignorant fuck. Whitey imported them. It's not their fault they're here, it's ours.
>>
>>9292471
Thank you. I am the educated one here.

>>9292473
It isn't that they denigrate black culture.

It is the simple perspective those views stem from.
>>
>>9292485
I guess we should just adopt a low class culture then.
>>
>>9292488
So educate me. What great high cultural achievements would we lack without you?
>>
>>9292443
it would be boring as fuck. Like Canada.
>>
>>9292491
Hmm… something like The Dukes of Hazzard re-runs and Coors Lite?
>>
>>9292485
Yes, every white person was colluding to bring them in.
>>9292488
You don't know their perspective.
>>
>>9292500
I guess lower crime rates could be described as boring, but I would prefer it.
>>
>>9292506
That's exactly my point. You don't shill for lowclass white culture, so why shill for black culture?
>>
>>9292506
Or 50 Cent and purple drank.
But blacks did appropriate a lot of their culture from poor southern whites.
>>
>>9292485
True. Some also migrated legally the same as every one else. There were even black landowners and interracial marriages prior to the instituting of slavery.

However, that is past. What we really should all speak on isn't who is or is not to blame for the state of modern society. Why does there need to be blame anyway?

We should discuss the ways the cultural blending and cultural preservation Reed alluded to should take place.

In truth, it is already taking place, and will continue to, but it would be interesting to discuss what is worth conserving and what changes are worth embracing.
>>
>>9292507
Oh, but I do. Perhaps you can't glean it from their choice of words, but I can, and experience has proven me right in these matters.

Not that any of this will benefit you at all.
>>
>>9292530
No, you're just making unfounded assumptions.
>>
>>9292530
Then bless our naive little souls with something concrete to back up your statements.
>>
>>9292536
Because you're a dumb racist, look at who voted for Trump.
>>
>>9291544
I... I honestly don't know. I'm aghast.
>>
>>9292546
I'm not even white tho
>>
>>9292354
>Blacks
Spearchucking in Africa and banging the bongo's like a bunch of untalented autists while seemingly being stuck in time since they have not progressed in the past 2000 years.

>Whites and Asians
Composing some of the most amazing music (Schubert, Beethoven, Bach), making beautiful paintings, buildings and having years and years of building civalization with rises and falls of gigantic empires.
>>
File: baldwin533.jpg (27KB, 533x311px) Image search: [Google]
baldwin533.jpg
27KB, 533x311px
>>9292491
the point is that "low class culture" is generated by ignorant normies of any color. "ignorant normies" are the majority, of course. but denigrating examples of one type because they are other than you is primitive thinking.
>>
>>9292558
>asians
>any of that
>>
>>9292558
All the best American musicians, athletes, and intellectuals are of African origin, so I'd say it's more than that.
>>
>>9292574
>musicians
He meant actual music
>intellectuals
Lel
>>
>>9292579
Hip-hop is more intellectually stimulating than bland white music.
>>9292579
Name one good white American public intellectual.
>>
>>9292574
I didnt mean modern pop culture you spastic. I meant actual western culture. Which has existed before black people tried to destroy it and will continue to exist once black people are finally thrown back in the African shithole they belong.

Also, enlighten me. Which great black musicians have lived in Europe? Which great black intellectuals have lived in Europe?

I wouldn't even care about useless crap like this but you cannot say that black "culture" is any better or even better defined that white culture without expecting a shitstorm of people ready to correct your narrow minded view.
>>
>>9292590
I guess you win. Sorry :(
>>
>>9292590
>Hip-hop is more intellectually stimulating than bland white music.
What the fuck? Okay, I get that you're trolling now. Very funny. "I was only pretending to be autistic and moronic, haha I am so funny". Great post.
>>
>>9292546

>look at who voted for Trump.

Hardworking middle class people?
>>
>>9292608
Listen to some good, non-mainstream hip-hop artists for once, you ignorant cunt.
>>
>>9292625
>le experimental hip hop is better than Bach
>>
>>9292574

It's just basketball that's mostly black, because it's one of the least expensive sports and there's no barrier to entry for poor as shit black people. Oh, and certain track and field events, but to be fair it's mostly immigrants from East Africa that excel at those, not Jamal and Daquandrias.
>>
>>9292625
Says the person who thinks hip-hop is more intellectually stimulating than actually good music. I don't even hate hip-hop but your stance is moronic. Please end thyself.
>>
>>9292590
I laughed out loud.
>>
"lemme at dem white bitches doe you raciss crackas, fuck paying fo dat"
Admitedly in very elegant acedemic prose.
>>
I wish /pol/ would leave...
>>
>>9292337
they have no culture
>>
>>9291570
/thread
>>
>>9292657
I'm sorry but that's literally what he meant by that. He wants to be up so high trying to get a peice of that apple pie; to reiterate in a more middle-brow manner.
>>
>>9292657
What has been said outside of maybe 2 sentences concerning Trump which sounds like /pol/ to you? There was just some troll who said that hip-hop sounds better than Bach and Schubert and some people went after him and gave him the replies he wanted. If anything this is more like a /mu/ thread.
>>
>>9292498
It isn't as simple as making a list. This is a serious problem with Americans today. You want to understand complex things, but you want the answers to be presented to you in neat little fast-food helpings.

The truth which needs to be grasped is that our coexistence has affected us all. It has affected our forefathers'-forefathers'-forefathers. American culture is a product of a predominantly Caucasoid and Negro nation. Without one another we would not be ourselves. I'm not saying it has all been for good or for bad on either side, but that it is an indissoluble admixture, and the fear/hatred-of-the-other only hinders our advancement.

That said, the arts have been heavily influenced by African American culture since the early 20th century, at least. Although the influence is most obvious in music and dance (Jazz, Blues, by extension, Rock, then Rap, and into modern music where the influence is still obvious), it is pervasive. African American cultural influence is found in every art - and this is becoming increasingly true. It is clearly visible in American music, dance, fashion, cinema, comedy, television, poetry, literature, and everything else.

Likewise, it is becoming increasingly true that the influence is spreading beyond the arts. The primary reason it was contained to the arts for most of the twentieth century is segregation.

Again, this is not a critique on Whites, but only a statement of fact.

This containment is due to a number of factors: (a) little culture sharing, (b) artistic innovation can be done intuitively, thus not necessitating highly or even well educated participants, (c) poor educations, (d) little to no opportunity for significant entrepreneurship or growth.

For example, Blackwell was a Ph.D Mathematician who acquired his Ph.D. at the early age of 22. However, in spite of his prodigious talent, he was denied positions in Mathematical departments and even barred from joining the AMA. Then you have instances like the town razings and mass murders which occured in Tulsa, Oklahoma. In other words, fear-of-the-other prevented greater contributions of blacks to American culture.

Which almost brings us full circle, as it is the residual effects of this mentality which Ishmael Reed seems to be addressing.

Anyway, I've digressed.

Although it would be easy to show you, were we speaking in person, writing a comprehensive explanation would take more time, and research to provide you the supporting data you would surely prefer, than I am willing to give at present.

In short, I'm not willing to do your research for you. I already know these things.

However, you can take my word for it that if you keep in mind that African American influence is everywhere within the arts (for good and ill, like anything), you will see it for yourself. I don't know how much or how little you know of the arts, but since we're on /lit/ I'll assume you're familiar enough to do this with little effort.
>>
>>9292534
>>9292536
I bear no burden of proof. Believe me, or don't - it is one to me.
>>
>>9292674
>you will never be this autistic
>>
>>9292674
Hi, Louis.
>>
>>9292674
Look at this tryhard psued and laugh

Nope, American culture is the product of educated Englishmen.
>>
>>9292674
>all this text
>still no answer to the questiom asked outside of m-muh hip-hop and other trivial pop-culture which will be forgotten within 100 years
>>
>>9292693
Louis? Louis Armstrong?

If so, I'll take that complement.
>>
>>9292696
Someone doesn't know how to read.

>>9292694
Only a true plebeian considers effort worth insult.
>>
>>9292699
You want to be a fat, ugly nigger?
>>
>>9292699
>the lights dim on a packed auditorium and the audience comes to a hush
>the heavy beats of drums are heard from the stage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag6y6jz7bQQ
>a red spotlight flashes a light onto the black nubian bodies of dozens of men naked except for masks, all dancing in two lines line
>the crowd bursts into a tribal cheer
>the lines split, and a fat black buckwoddles forward with ((((Louis CK)))), bound in chains, on a rope, and throws him forward
>the crowd begins screaming at the top of their lungs in joy
>Louis gets up, pulls down his gag, and picks up the microphone
>BOOOOOOOOOOOO

"I know I know I'll put it back on in a second, WHO HERE LIKES BIG BLACK COCK?"

>the crowd begins roaring and moaning in joy
>Louis claps his hands and two black bulls bring in his naked daughter, limbs tied to a spit

"How many you think'll fit guys? One, maybe two?"

>the crowd begins screaming numbers at random

"Let's see, how many beautiful black bucks do we have here? Not just on stage guys come on!"

>various men of color and women with strap-ons pile into the aisles and climb up the stage
>the drumming reaches a climax as Louis's daughter is untied from the spit and black bodies begin to descend on her

"Well guys! Looks like my job here is done!"

>Louis puts his gag back on, and the nubian god that pulled him in puts his gag back on and drags him to the onstage orgey, throwing him into the torrent of black bodies
>>
>>9292674
>African American cultural influence is found in every art - and this is becoming increasingly true. It is clearly visible in American music, dance, fashion, cinema, comedy, television, poetry, literature, and everything else.
All these things were done before black people got into it and were done better before black people got into it.
>Likewise, it is becoming increasingly true that the influence is spreading beyond the arts. The primary reason it was contained to the arts for most of the twentieth century is segregation.
He says without posting any examples.
>>
>>9291570
this
>>
>>9292702
I did and you didn't answer the question, dumbass. You keep talking about how hip-hop and some shitty 90's black comedy's are important to American culture. They are all trivial pop-culture. It's like comparing Andy Warhol to Michelangelo. The Rolling Stones to Bach. John Green to Dante. The former will be forgotten within 100 years while the latter will be discussed for centuries to come.
>>
>>9292696
Also, and I will tell you this for your benefit, you need to look at the pinnacle of human achievement as a sort of cosmic river - or a long conversation man is having with himself.

All the greats of every branch of thought, be it art or science, are entering this conversation and contributing to it. This is the point of mastery - be it Academic or otherwise.

Hip Hop won't be forgotten - it was a part of the conversation. It was a child of the movements before it, and those who have since joined the conversation are in communication with it on a global scale.

When students of art history study the artistic movements of the early 21st century in order to understand the movements of the late 21st century, and so on ad infinitum, they will need to understand Hip Hop's influence. Not only in America either.

The same is true of Jazz and Blues to understanding the artistic movements of the 20th century.

Everything is interconnected. Unless a movement is particularly small it will not be forgotten for some time.
>>
>>9292704
I would love to be a talented genius of any shape or race.

How is it you don't see that defining a man by such things as whether he is fat or black is the definition of shallow, and therefore, stupid?
>>
>>9292723
You've lost sight, entirely, of the discussion - and your insults don't build your argument (which is already invalid).
>>
>>9292732
It will be discussed on the same artistic level as pro wrestling.
>>
>>9292708
If you can't see the increasing influence yourself - you're either blind, dumb, or not an American, and, therefore, a stranger to the domain in question.
>>
>>9292738
Race is a big determining factor in your life. Blowing into a horn doesn't make you a better person.
>>
>>9292745
If you actually believe that, you need help from a good teacher(s).
>>
>>9292741
not an argument. just throwing some insults without even trying to counter-argument what I said is not how discussing works.

>>9292732
Oh my you're a special brand of stupid. Hip-hop will be remembered in the same branch as disco music and hair-metal has. Garbage which your dad likes. Saying it hold any kind of importance is childish.
>>
>>9292751
I don't even know how to respond to thinking that simple.

Read more.
>>
>>9292732
I agree. In the year 2300 people will talk about Eat Dat Watermellon (attr. Nick Cannon) as the apotheosis of post-emanicipation black thought as exemplified by songs like Flip Mode, Candy Shop, and Laffy Taffy.
>>
>>9292755
please tell my why it wouldn't. make me laugh.
>>
>>9292764
Read about the science of race. It's much more than colour.
>>9292755
Why? Wrestling is as big as hip-hop culturally. It's as artistically involved, too.
>>
>>9292763
No, it wasn't an argument. I'm glad you noticed.

Neither of us are gaining anything from speaking with each other, so I'll bid you farewell.

I hope you grow as a person.
>>
All human traits are substantially heritable.
>>
>>9292785
Just wrong.
>>
>>9292775
Thanks at least for agreeing with me that you are too stupid to form an argument ;^)
>>
>>9292774
Of course it is more than color.

I don't want to talk to you kid. I'm sorry, but you're just too far below my level of thinking.

What I really hoped for when I entered this thread was an actual discussion of the implications of OP's quote and the current trends born of the amalgamation of culture in modern America.

Instead, you have all focused on the past and entrenched yourself in racially biased views - a surefire way to have no realizations of any kind and to leave this thread with none of us gaining anything.

So good day.
>>
>>9292804
>I'm sorry, but you're just too far below my level of thinking.
Talking like this makes you sound really stupid. And your stupidity is proved by the fact that you were unable to see that the OP posted some weak /pol/ bait.
>>
>>9292804
Bye, Destiny. Run away everytime you get BTFO.
>>
>>9292797

Did you know that "believing human traits are heritable" is... actually heritable?
>>
>>9292827
I really couldn't care less how you think I sound. I also don't care whether OP's post is bait or not. I wished to contemplate the quote and its implications, and because I did this, I'm the only person in this thread who was able to contribute anything. The rest of you merely came along for the ride.

>>9292828
Oh, I haven't left. I'm waiting to see if an intelligent contribution will be made, at which point, I'll rejoin the conversation.
>>
>>9292860
Are you Sam Harris?
>>
>>9292403
LOL! No, it doesn't.

Nice try though.
>>
>>9292972
Blacks like to make up shit about white culture because of their inferiority complex.
>>
>>9292982
>opinions based on suppositions (i.e. delusions)
>>
>>9291544
Ironically, SJWs havepretty much banished Mr. Ismael Reed from the cannon cause he was highly redpilled on feminists et. al.
>>
>>9293035
White Aryan Masculinity AKA the Nordic Warrior Spirit is the most powerful force in the universe. Why else would ZOG push the numale lifestyle and 'LGBT rights' so hard? That's because they are afraid of Aryan Masculinity. They have to be, it is the very same force that brought them to their knees 70 years ago. Notice how leftists and numales like to talk about 'toxic masculinity'? that's because it literally KILLS them. Embrace your Inner Strenght, Brother.
>>
white people are the worst people, you can NOT disagree
>>
>>9293043
That's probably one of the things I love most about modern leftism: you have to believe EVERY lefty narrative regardless of how completely at odds they can be with each other (gays and feminists can totally live peacefully with hardline muslims and poor blacks and rich jews totally have everything in common). And if you don't then you'll quickly be devoured by your own kind.
>>
>>9292732

You're taking your liberal professors too seriously. They live in a bubble and don't have to interact with the world the way it actually is.

You sound really brainwashed :(
>>
Imagine belonging to a social group with 85 avg iq

Lmao
>>
>>9293068
>more assumptions

I'm neither leftist, nor whatever a "numale" is.

What one may call Aryan Masculinity I call stupidity. It's just a lot of racial-fueled fantasizing. Nothing wrong with it, so long as it is merely appreciation of one's heritage, but at the point that it becomes antagonistic to some of the central pillars of Civilization - social harmony, civility, morality, etc., then it is a serious problem.

In fact, your mention of both the LGBT, numale whatevers and the Aryan, Nordic whatchamacallits reminds me of a Heraclitus quote.

"People are often ignorant of how a thing, turning away from itself, agrees with itself in a back-turning harmony."

One might say it another way as, "a thing births its opposite."

I consider moderation to be, generally, the best course of action, and as such disdain both the extreme left and the extreme right - though not absolutely on all points, as this would be another form of extremism.

>>9293101
No professor need tell me that. It is a fact. The day you realize it, is the day you will have a chance at leaving a lasting impact on this Earth.

Read enough literature, poetry, and philosophy; study painting and sculpture; study the histories of math and science - eventually you'll see it.

Most likely.
>>
>>9293035
So then why would you say blacks obsess over whites and make up lies about them?
>>
>>9293387
I never said that. I never said anything remotely like that.
>>
>>9293405
I didn't say you did.
>>
>>9293412
Are you asking, then, if I would agree with that statement?
>>
>>9293455
It's not a matter of agreement. I asked you why blacks are obsessed with whites and make up lies about them, not if they do or not. It has already been clearly established that they do.
>>
>>9293462
Oh, then have fun with that inquiry on your own.

I have no interest in a discussion which begins with a conclusion.
>>
>>9293474
Every statement has to begin with a conclusion, you idiot, otherwise there's no base to further conclude from.
>>
>>9293506
KEK
>>
>>9293515
I think you need to study harder in epistemology, kiddo. If you think what I said is false you need to present a strong case in your favour.
>>
>>9293520
I need not do anything at all.
>>
>>9293527
If you want a better understanding of how statements of truth you do. That is, if I make the conclusion that you to desire to better your understanding of epistemology, then I can further conclude that you need to study it. See how statements of truth must follow from a conclusion?
>>
>>9293530
You're a laugh riot. I'm going to bed now. Enjoy your collecting.
>>
>>9293563
I guess you're just too uneducated for a discussion, then.
>>
>>9293565
You guessed wrong. Good night. ;)
>>
>>9293571
No, I didn't. I'm very confident that what I claimed is true.
>>
>>9293579
What did you claim exactly?
>>
>>9293639
That you're too uneducated for a discussion.
>>
I'm not that anon. I was hoping you would restate your idea about black obsession because I don't get it desu.
>>
>>9293664
Blacks make up lies about whites and constantly talk about whites and themselves in relation to whites. They show a clear obsession, especially in academics and pop-culture, and I wanted to know why others thought that was, my reasoning being that they have an inferiority complex.
>>
>>9293665
>They show a clear obsession
I don't see it. How do you know that?
>>
>>9293669
Read a few academic articles by American blacks, or look at every political movement led by blacks. Always about a false sense of white oppression and tearing down what whites make, rather than looking at themselves. Just look at the quotation that started this thread. Every work of literature, every bit of research in sociology, every idea raised in psychology, everything in philosophy, every social commentary, everything in politics, everything in pop culture, by blacks is about them in relation to whites or is attacking whites. They have nothing to talk about besides whites.
>>
>>9293679
I have looked at some of what you mention but I don't come to the same conclusions as you, that's a really big generalization to make and I have known enough black people to know that most don't talk about whites exclusively. The obsession you see, I don't. Anyway, thanks for answering.
>>
File: 1457415903436.jpg (171KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1457415903436.jpg
171KB, 1100x1100px
>>9293249

>What one may call Aryan Masculinity I call stupidity. It's just a lot of racial-fueled fantasizing. Nothing wrong with it, so long as it is merely appreciation of one's heritage, but at the point that it becomes antagonistic to some of the central pillars of Civilization - social harmony, civility, morality, etc., then it is a serious problem.

Holy. . .
>>
>>9293687
It's not about talking in private, it's about what they put in the public sphere.
>>
>>9292367
So this is why blacks love dat ass so much, now I understand
>>
>>9292674
Every decline in American culture (and the west as a whole in the post weird world) had coincided with the popularization of some element of black culture. With considered, the popularization of jazz is far worse than the "atrocities" of Stalin, for example.
>>
>>9292674
>has affected us all
>it is pervasive
>fear-of-the-other

you write like a female psych undergrad: lots of vague generalizations without anything that's actually interesting

either neck yourself or hit the books until you're less of a tryhard turd juggler
>>
>>9293757

>Every decline in American culture (and the west as a whole in the post weird world) had coincided with the popularization of some element of black culture.

Give me 20 examples that confirm your hack thesis.
>>
File: 1490519366473.jpg (18KB, 308x477px) Image search: [Google]
1490519366473.jpg
18KB, 308x477px
>>9292732
>I will tell you this for your benefit, you need to look at the pinnacle of human achievement as a sort of cosmic river - or a long conversation man is having with himself.

In the future I hope the NSA releases their 4chan logs just so you can look back at this post and cringe so hard that your colon prolapses.
>>
>>9293792
Who said there were twenty declines? Jazz, rock, and hip hop each coincidence with one. Each lead to the further sexualization of culture through the way their rhythmic structures encouraged sexualized dancing/socialization. Whether they caused it or only helped to exacerbate it is still up to question.
>>
>>9293746
This distinction does nothing to further your point, there is plenty of public discourse that's not talking about whites.
>>
>>9293831
I didn't say the exclusively talk about whites, I said that much of it is, I would say a majority is.
>>
>>9293806
>Each lead to the further sexualization of culture through the way their rhythmic structures encouraged sexualized dancing
Just like the Waltz and Foxtrot.
>>
>>9293856
The waltz isn't sexualized. The foxtrot is a sexualized take on the waltz created by black Americans.
>>
I hate American's obsession with niggers, and how they project it on the rest of the world
>>
>>9291544
This was before the cultural marxists won and subsumed the entirety of social normality, academia, the media, etc...
>>
>>9293757
This is child-tier thinking. Learn to take responsibility for yourself.

>worse than the atrocities of Stalin
Give me a fucking break. Your mere presence is a disgrace to /lit/.
>>
>>9293786
Again, I don't care what you people think I write like, sound like, or anything of that sort. Compile a counter if you disagree.

It has affected us all merely by existing in the space in which it is taking place. The closer you are to the epicenter, the more an affect it has had. In fact, my point is proven merely by this thread existing.

You children really need to learn how to think.
>>
>>9293649
That wasn't me asking. Lol, I was asleep.
>>
>>9293843
>projecting your self-obsession on the chosen other
>>
File: 1443753389931.jpg (54KB, 284x452px) Image search: [Google]
1443753389931.jpg
54KB, 284x452px
>>9292574

>be black dirty birds
>have a 25 point lead on the hated white devils
>lose

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>9295359
>no u
>>
>>9291570
This is a good interpretation of the quote, the only one in the thread.
>>
>>9291544
>white culture
What is this meme?
>>
>>9296184
You know, white culture: political correctness, safe spaces, identity continuums, etc.
>>
>>9296214
So Marxism?
>>
>>9294351
What responsibility am I shirking?
>Give me a fucking break. Your mere presence is a disgrace to /lit/.
Stalin merely ender human life. Jazz was a successful assault on something much greater than life. I'm also a disgrace to everything I'm associated with, but I've learned to accept it.
>>
>>9296245
White culture, marxism is not a culture.
>>
>>9296256
>jazz is worse than Stalin
commie detected
>>
ooga booga fuck whitey we was cultures n shit
>>
>>9291544
Pynchon loved Ishmael Reed, where's all the pynchonposting? p588 on my copy of GR
>>
>>9293796
As I've already said to another anon - it is a fact.

One may find a more apt metaphor for it, but that would neither surprise nor humiliate me.
>>
>>9291570
this is literally the opposite of what he's saying.

he's saying that the western concept of cultural knowledge includes the idea that it can only be understood by experiencing it, as if different kinds of people doing different kinds of things is as personal an experience as fucking.
>>
>>9292339
white guy made this thread about a black guy

why are whites so obsessed with blacks?
>>
>>9292354
"white culture" doesn't exist.

Reed's own prejudice that anyone born in the Western World who happens to be white belongs to the same culture, which is the same kind of unfair mass-grouping he presents himself to be against.
>>
>>9292366
>Due to their resistance, we learn of one another's cultures not within cultural institutions, as we should (at least in part), but "on the streets," in the real world, from one another.

what fucking quote did you read?

the notion that we should learn about culture "on the streets" is the idea that Reed claims Western Civilization is "preserving".
>>
American culture is now separate from western culture and we should kill facebook and normie media to make sure it fucking stays that way
>>
>>9298243
No it isn't.

The preservation of learning "on the streets" is not the goal of the institutions on which Reed is commenting. Preserving "on the street" education is a byproduct of shunning certain cultural topics in the same way they shun sexual topics (which is the correlation he draws).

Their goal is not to preserve this phenomena, but to preserve the historical, and, in their view, ideal, Western methods (and/or topics) of education. Reed is rejecting this, and, by implication, advocating a liberal educational reform.

Read it again.
>>
>>9299437
i definitely see where you got that. but the way its worded doesn't state any of that. I'm probably wrong, but that's how it reads out-of-context like that, probably wasn't intentional.
>>
>>9291544
all specific cultures/religions need to be diluted and washed into the sea of global culture. that's the only way to prevent half-retards from going full retard and nuking all of us into oblivion.
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.