[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /lit/'s thoughts on this? My friends are currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: House_of_leaves.jpg (13KB, 220x290px) Image search: [Google]
House_of_leaves.jpg
13KB, 220x290px
What are /lit/'s thoughts on this? My friends are currently hypebeasting this hard. Some elements seem interesting based on a quick flip of the pages, but it gives off the ghastly air of shallow novelty that is pretty much Reddit's essence.
>>
>>9291497
>pretty much reddits essence
You just typed Hypebeasting
>>
>>9291502
Fair enough, that is a pretty autistic term to use. Though you do have to admit that one of the reasons why people hate reddit is that they appraise spectacular novelty rather as opposed to the actual quality of the works.

Hence why shit like this is a thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiRPBCiJg2c
>>
>>9291497
I found the Navidson Record to be very enjoyable, well-written, and genuinely unsettling, but the parts with Johnny whatshisface are fucking insufferable. They don't even feel thematically linked to the Navidson Record.
>>
Reminder to skip all Truant passages after the intro

It's complete garbage on every level, all the way down
>>
>>9291497
ur better off reading Infinite Jest another time around than reading this book for the first time you nigger
>>
>>9291517
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiRPBCiJg2c

>It's funny becus its ironic!!
>>
Impressive for people who don't read a lot of literature. You'll see it on shelves next to Murakami and Palahniuk.
>>
>>9291863
They don't finish it often. I know a girl that gave up completely, she thought it was 'more like a puzzle book'. haha
>>
I had it recommended to me in high school by one of my stoner friends who knew I liked to read. I share the sentiment that in the thread that the Truant passages are boring and useless and he was mad at me for skipping them. I didn't read the part at the end with his mom either. I don't know. I loved parts of the Navidson Record but the book as a whole was not really worth it imo
>>
It's garbage. Does worse what other people have done without the marketing.
>>
>>9293313
I read and enjoyed it in high school. It's a good first step from YA towards real /lit/.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.