[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Uh. I'm a blue-pill social dropout. I have a copy of Nicomachean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Uh. I'm a blue-pill social dropout. I have a copy of Nicomachean Ethics though. Should I start there in trying to correct my dismally retarded mind? I'm looking at the recommended reading too.

My ambition is to not be a retarded, intellectually neglected idiot anymore. Mid 20s. Is this possible?

Thanks.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (12KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
12KB, 225x300px
Bump to shamalesly request a book related and that I can't find anywhere to download.

Righteous Indignation, Andrew Breitbart.
Plz guys, not available in my country.
>>
>>9290877
Just start with the greeks, meaning the Iliad and Odyssey.
>>
>>9290905
This guy is not OP.

>>9290923
Also, thanks for this suggestion. I see them in the suggested reading list. Can you explain to me how this will help me? I'm not asking you to do so rhetorically. I really want to know why it's important.

Will Nicomachean Ethics help? At all?

Also, will taking notes and writing about what I'm reading help me learn? How should I study?
>>
File: droppill.jpg (19KB, 250x329px) Image search: [Google]
droppill.jpg
19KB, 250x329px
>>9290905
>>9290938
Yeah, I'm not OP. I've already read Homer, Aristotle and most of the greeks. I'm looking for some harder, a little bit more actual red pills at the moment. Breitbart is not on Libgen, sadly.

OP: Thomas Sowell - A Conflict of Visions or Basic Economics. Watch any of his interviews on YT to a quick fix.
>>
Start with: Iliad -> Odyssey -> Plato -> Aristotle
This should give you a good background and you can go on from there as you please.

The best way to improve yourself intellectually is to avoid voicing your opinion. Chances are you have plenty more to learn.

For Plato I would suggest: Apology->Crito->Phaedo->Symposium->Republic
as mandatory.

>>9290938
A good life is found in an honourable death. There is no greater happiness.
>>
>>9290995
Thanks for the suggestion.

Also, unashamed bump. Curious as to what the others who peruse the board have to say.
>>
>>9290938
>>9290877
aristotle is the peak of greek culture

nicomachean ethics is an excellent place to start, supplement with macintyre's after virtue to get a full historical scope of aristotle's ethics, and the best philosophical takedown of sjw emotivism
>>
>>9291206
Thanks for the advice!
>>
>>9291320
To add to what others already said: yes, take notes. It takes much longer but beats finishing a greek work and not knowing what the hell it was about.
>>
>>9291206
>the peak of greek culture
>not Aeschylus
>>
File: 1487456304942.jpg (40KB, 415x293px) Image search: [Google]
1487456304942.jpg
40KB, 415x293px
>>9291369
>first true empirical scientist
>created not one, but two new fields (logic and biology)
>wrote on every other aspect of human intellectual thought, from poetry to rhetoric to metaphysics and contributed to many of them
>one of the first writers to cite others (even if sloppily) and use them as a starting point of investigation
>his collective works form the sum of human thought up to his life

I have an intellectual hard on for aristotle, please don't shit talk him senpai
>>
>>9291206

>macintyre takes down SJW emotivism
>"guys now remember that slavery happened and you must always apologize for this as part of your collective identity"

this is bait
>>
>>9291388
>I have an intellectual hard on for Aristotle
>anime pic

I don't believe these two things aren't connected.
>>
>>9291206
>and the best philosophical takedown of sjw emotivism
If this is what you want from philosophy you're a pretty sad person.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.