[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some extremely long, dense, old, and autistic books?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: sayuringo.jpg (56KB, 938x632px) Image search: [Google]
sayuringo.jpg
56KB, 938x632px
What are some extremely long, dense, old, and autistic books? I'm talking about stuff like the Talmud or the Patrologia Graeca. It should be multiple volumes and be upwards of 2,000 pages. I wanna to autistically study them until I die. Bonus points for Far Eastern stuff.

>pic unrelated
>>
the summa
>>
>>9289035
I love that picture though.

Idk get into vedic sutras. By the way, those thousand long page scriptures often repeat themselves incessantly in ways that aren't even 'a different angle' and are full of names and places and dates and other useless shit. Better off reading a fuck ton of regular books. Though to each their own I suppose.
>>
the pali canon
rig veda
dianetics
>>
>>9289035
bibl
>>
Burton's The Anatomy of Melancholy and Fuller's Worthies of England and Hooker's Laws of Ecclesiastical Polity come to mind. But wait a minute: read the Everyman Library edition of either John Ruskin's The Stones of Venice (3vols) or Cadinal de Retz's Memoires (2 vols). But here's the best answer: read the Duc de St. Simon's Memoires (17th c. - abridged version in English is 3vols and about 1500 pps.-- this guy was one of Proust's favorite stylists, and is totally worth reading).
>>
Dream of the Red Chamber
>>
The book of going out at daylight.
First asspies book ever, 5000y old.
>>
Legend of 10 Elemental Masters
>>
>>9289057
They would be side readings, anon. Maybe 5 pages a day or so. I'm not crazy enough to make them my main readings. Thanks for the suggestion.

>>9289060
>>9289039
>>9289838
These look good, thanks.
>>
>>9289057
This
Schopenhauer has spent his entire life studying them and contemplating them while meditating,and he described it as the most fulfilling and enriching experience of his life.
>>
>>9290330
Don't read The Vedas unless you have an understanding of the Tradition. You'll just be reading nonsense, otherwise. If you want to develop a grasp of just wtf the Vedas are saying, look up: Divine Initiation by Shanmukha Anantha Natha.

Read these before you attempt any other Hindu scriptures: Bhagavad-Gita, the 12 principal Upanishads and the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Now you can diverged off into various areas. If you want to read stories/epics which constitute mainstream Hinduism you can read the rest of the Mahabharat (Bhagavad-Gita is in this book) and the Ramayana.

If you want to learn more about Hatha/Tantra yoga and the subtle body/energy system/chakras read Kundalini Yoga by Swami Shivananda. If you liked that now read Hatha Yoga Pradipika, then The Serpent Power. There are lots of other Yoga Upanishads you can read. They are fairly short but useful. If you'd like to go deeper now read the Shiva Sutras. Now you can tackle the massive Tantra-loka (good luck).

If you really liked the principal Upanishads and Bhagavad-Gita and have actually reflected on what they mean you should read Dattatreya Upanishad and the Ribhu Gita. Afterwards you can read Tripura Rahasya and then Yoga Vasistha.

tl;dr There's no point in jumping into long advanced Hindu works without a firm basis of the terms and ideas present. Start with Bhagavad-Gita or Tripura Rahasya. But if you want something dense and technical read Yoga Sutras of Patanjali or Hatha Yoga Pradipika.
>>
>>9290447
Cont.

Vishnu Purana would be a good one for you as well, lots of cool stuff in that one.
>>
>>9290447
>>9290478
Thanks for the tip, anon. Saved this.
>>
>>9289035
START
WITH
THE
PLATO
>>
>>9289035
Artamène ou le Grand Cyrus
>>
In search of lost time.
>>
>>9291817
I've already burned through half of his dialogues. He's /myguy/. Also, the single English volume of Plato's Complete Works clocks at around 1800 pages ;)

>>9292013
I'm aware of this work but I was primarily looking for religious or philosophical texts. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.