[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which of the following sentences is better? 1) Her blouse wafted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

File: thighs.jpg (107KB, 500x740px) Image search: [Google]
thighs.jpg
107KB, 500x740px
Which of the following sentences is better?

1) Her blouse wafted in the breeze.
2) Her blue blouse wafted in the breeze.

CONSIDER: The second one is more concrete; it evokes a better picture of the girl's blouse. But the first example, one could argue, offers more participation; readers can decide what colour the blouse is in their own minds.

So, which is better?
>>
Second one has two words in a row that start with "bl", don't do that
>>
Her blouse wafted in the blue breeze.
>>
>>9287608
I like the first one more, the color of the blouse iisn't important
also this >>9287615
>>
>>9287608
The waffle breezed in her blouse.
>>
>>9287615
>>9287617

What's wrong with two words beginning with 'bl'? Is alliteration to be avoided in prose?
>>
>>9287617

Why do writers, then, even when these details aren't important, still feel the need to include them? Are even professional writers scared that they'll be, in some way, misunderstood?
>>
>>9287608
Don't use adjectives unless they're necessary. In this case introduce the blouse as blue elsewhere, since it interrupts the flow of the sentence.
>>
Would caress her inner thighs and crotch and smell my hands after
>>
>>9287631

Huh... That's sound. I suppose it's good to keep a tally of these unnecessary details and find places later in the story where they pay off better. Thanks.
>>
Lol wafted wtf kinda aesthetics is that
>>
>>9287637

She thicc.
>>
>>9287608
A blue blouse, ungirdled, was sustained gently behind her on the mild morning air
>>
>>9287654

Suggest a better word, then, lil nigga.
>>
Wafted connotes bad smells

Try "fluttered" or some shit
>>
>>9287665
>sustained
5 cent word trying to fill a 15 cent's shoes
>>
>>9287608
The first flows better.
>>
>>9287679

thanks, lil nigga.

>>9287689

i agree. he's some purple prose fag.

>>9287692

agree. thanks
>>
>>9287689
Hey shitbreeches, are you doing the hat trick?
>>
>>9287624
It sounds weird when it's not being done intentionally. Alliteration isn't necessarily bad though.
>>
As she walked the breeze played with the frill of her blouse.
>>
>>9287608
More like I would "breeze" her blouse with my penis if you know what i mean hehe
>>
>>9287787
Are you saying you'd fuck her?? Wtf
>>
3)The Nothing itself nothings.
>>
>>9287689
>>9287696
It's Joyce, morons.
>>
>>9287895

>trying this hard to recover from being blown out
>you can't kek this shit up
>capped and saved
>>
>>9287901
If irony 6/10
>>
>>9287908
3/10 at best
>>
>>9287608
Why blouse and not skirt, or even her hair, if only a few strands of it? Is the girl stationary or moving along? Sails don't waft, they billow, and a blouse is more like a sail than a football.. I think what's needed here is a little context.
>>
>>9287608
Wafting makes me think of farts. Any advice you get here is pure preference.
>>
>>9287616
Her blouse wafted in the breeze, bluely.
>>
>>9288098
Her blouse blued in the wafting breeze
>>
>>9287787
I'd let her breezes waft the blue hairs in my nose if you catch my drift
>>
>>9287669
Blew
>>
The blue blouse blew with the billowing breeze.
>>
>>9288253
>>9288259
The blue blouse blew with the billowing wind, blissfully oblivious to it's bleak and barren future.

All me, I'm writing a book btw
>>
>>9288275
>wind
Goddamnit I had one job
>>
>>9287624
nothing's wrong; please alliterate all you want especially if it occurs naturally
>>
>>9287608
There she stood, in a blue blouse and a black skirt. And her blouse wafted in the breeze.
>>
>>9287608
who cares.

lmao.
>>
can you post more kpop thighs for me?
>>
>>9287621
kek
>>
>>9287608
A breeze wafted from her blouse
>>
Does the color matter in the story?
>>
A BRAAAAAAAAAAAAP wafted from her blouse.
>>
>>9287608
No way to tell without context. But it's not like you're actually writing anything so who cares?

Next.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.