[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was supposed to be reading Sense & Sensibility for a humanities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: sense-and-sensibility.jpg (53KB, 314x500px) Image search: [Google]
sense-and-sensibility.jpg
53KB, 314x500px
I was supposed to be reading Sense & Sensibility for a humanities course all semester. Personal issues got in the way. Who wants to help me write a 500 word essay? :^)
>>
File: IMG_2990.jpg (467KB, 769x952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2990.jpg
467KB, 769x952px
NO
>>
Fug
>>
>>9286461
Please?
>>
why do you need a whole semester to read one book? you can easily get through it in a weekend, just stop being a lazy idiot
>>
>>9286433
I don't mean to be negative, but you're kind of fucked.

Sense and Sensibility is a long book, filled with plot events, but if you were to go grab the cliff notes of "what happened", you're missing the actual important part of the book: the way the characters use/debate the titular concepts: Sense (empiricism, pragmatism) and Sensibility (romanticism, idealism, rationalism).

That said, a 500 word essay isn't too hard, and you really don't have much space to dive into that philosophical dichotomy, so you might be able to get away with a purely plot oriented essay.

What is the exact assignment you have?
>>
File: IMG_2992.jpg (461KB, 769x952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2992.jpg
461KB, 769x952px
>>9286472
don't you dare besmirch my work
>>
>>9286433
sense and sensibility is long but you could power through it in 2 fucking days. personal issues, my ass. just read the fucking book
>>
>>9286502
>>9286492

I don't think these guys have the right attitude. It's a very complex book, with very nuanced characters. To "plow through it" of a couple days is probably going to be confusing and you're going to miss a lot.

like I was saying here >>9286495 , the core of the novel isn't plot events but the conversational approach to differing philosophies and ways of living. Because of that, if you've got a good grasp of the philosophical themes, you could probably pick out a single conversation and write 500 words about it.

My favorite scene is when Marrianne gets all poetic about how people abuse the language of picturesque aesthetics. She essentially pulls a "Punk is Dead" and bemoans how she was punk before punk was cool. Then Edward (i think, been awhile) kind of shits on here and says proclaims his ignorance of romantic aesthetics by talking about how "A hill which should be bold, I would only call steep, a tree which is tragic I would only call bent". Or some shit like that.
>>
>>9286545
fuck I'm drunk I need to proofread what I'm writing better
>>
>>9286545
yeah i've read the book before my dude. but am i suggesting, at the beginning of this dude's semester, that he just power through it and write the essay instead of taking the whole semester?

no, i'm suggesting that, because he fucked up and waited til the last minute, he's better off just reading it and getting barely anything out of it than turning to /lit/ to do his homework for him.
>>
>>9286545
I wouldn't normally encourage someone to rush through a book, but this is an assignment. Your post doesn't offer any solutions to OP's problem, just idealizes what he was supposed to do. He has no way to do what you're suggesting given the time, and you're basically just encouraging him to cut corners or simply cheat.

If he reads S&S over the weekend (which is doable, just not ideal), he'll probably be at the same level as most of the class (sadly) and able to churn out a 500 word paper. And will have actually read the book instead of Sparknotes or whatever.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.