[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hey anon what are you reading >i'm reading a book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

>hey anon what are you reading
>i'm reading a book called Stoner by John Williams
>reading a book called Stoner? Is it about weed lol? Look everyone anon is reading a book about weed! Ahahahahaha!
>don't even care to ask what its about
>everyone ends up asking me whether if it is about weed

Why are people such immature morons /lit/? Most of them are 18/19 now, they should have grown up by now.

>inb4 you have shit literature taste OP
>>
>And he knew that was it for him, that he'd hit rock bottom, a failure, a loser, a burnout. What had started out as an innocent way to relieve streas after school had become a horrible addiction. He went in the bathroom and examined his pale weary face in the mirror. "Stoner," he pronounced.
>>
>reading in public
>speaking to people who interrupt you reading in public
>being at all embarrassed by the misunderstandings of a terminal plebian
You know how I know you're underaged?
>>
>>9283019

>tfw 18 and someone calls you underaged

It's supposed to be a compliment, isn't it? To be called younger than you are.

Thanks anon. You made my day.
>>
>>9283019
Also the fact he admits his peers are 18-19 years old.

I mean, 18 is technically of age to be here, but in this society it's impossible to tell an 18 year old from a 15 year old except through external circumstances, i.e. their presence at a high school or a college. Their vocabularies and social habits are more or less identical.
>>
>>9283019

Also

>reading in library at college

You know a library. Where people read books.
>>
>>9283035
This is empirically false. Look at an essay you wrote when you were 18, and compare it to one you wrote when you were 15. If you cannot discern any structural, lexical, or rhetorical improvements, you should probably kill yourself and get off this board, in that order.
>>
I was once in my philosopsher's professor's office and I said it reminded me of a scene from a book called "Stoner". He did not take it very well.
>>
Nigga, shut the fuck up.

The ONLY reason why you're reading Stoner (and not any of the other recommended /lit/ books) is because of the title. The only reason anyone here reads this book is because of the title.
>>
>>9283440
Philosopshers a shit
>>
File: Sassy-Cat-Pic-640x607.jpg (94KB, 640x607px) Image search: [Google]
Sassy-Cat-Pic-640x607.jpg
94KB, 640x607px
>>9283464
>the "every action is inherently selfish meme"
>>
>>9282992
>>9283030

Holy shit young posters are so fuckin boring.

Just lurk instead.
>>
>>9283464
I'm almost ashamed of falling for this bait
>>
>>9283481

Fuck. So did I.

FUCK.
>>
>>9282992
>be me, ~2000
>11 year old metalhead
>given a copy of catcher in the rye by older friend of my family
>waiting for bus after school - might as well knock out another chapter
>WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? THE NEW SLIPKNOT BOOK?!!!!!!
>...
>>
>>9283487
Let's hang out, anon.
Are you free this Saturday?
>>
File: 'A_Doll's_House'.jpg (387KB, 1146x1493px) Image search: [Google]
'A_Doll's_House'.jpg
387KB, 1146x1493px
>>9282992
>hey anon, what are you reading?
>I'm reading a novel called A Doll's House
>you mean a play, don't you, anon? because i'm pretty sure henrik ibson didn't write novels. he wrote plays. or do you think everything that's published as a book can be called a novel? you fucking pseud moron. can you even appreciate the texture of his prose? do you get all your recommendations from the foot note of oscar wilde plays? no wonder nobody likes you.

>>9283030
yikés

>>9283101
you know that when someone starts out with "this is empirically false" their argument is going to (A) not include any sort of an attempt at empirical evidence and (B) entirely misunderstand the statement which they're trying to rebut
>>
>>9283464
I decided to read it after the synopsis said it was about an "unremarkable" man, which isn't a typical description for an MC.
>>
>>9282992

>hey anon what are you reading
>it's called Stoner by John Williams, strangely enough not about drugs
>interesting, let me know what you think of it

it's literally that easy
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.