[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /lit/ What's the earliest occurrence that you can think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: cyborg-humain-28748872.jpg (129KB, 1144x1300px) Image search: [Google]
cyborg-humain-28748872.jpg
129KB, 1144x1300px
Sup /lit/

What's the earliest occurrence that you can think of, in any mythology, of artificial bodies, as in, human soul/spirit/whatever with a man/God-made body?
>>
>>9281663
genesis
>>
>>9281666
Can you give me some examples, Satan?
>>
>>9281671
Genesis 2:7 "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."
>>
I have a similar question. When were aliens first hypothesized to exist?

Since we've known about other planets since ancient times someone must have thought maybe there was life on them. Or on the moon for that matter.
>>
File: golem of prague.jpg (184KB, 396x655px) Image search: [Google]
golem of prague.jpg
184KB, 396x655px
Golems have existed in Hebrew mythology for quite some time. They're at least as old as the Talmud but probably much older.
>>
>>9282453
Bruno did say about other planets and people on them, at least. That kind of shit is what he was burned for, not exactly the heliocentrism
>>
>>9282453
The ancients described the planets themselves as living beings though; Jupiter Mars et al
>>
>>9282453
Planets weren't originally thought to be like Earth. They were assumed to be stars. The thing that made them different from the other stars and that got them a special name is that they would move. The word 'planet' actually comes from the old Greek word for 'wanderer.'
>>
>>9282459
If armies ever start using robots for combat it would be really cool if Israel called theirs golems.
>>
>>9282463
Was that literal?
>>
Hephaestus had a couple of "robot" servants to help at his forge.
>>
>>9282475
Impossible to say really. May have depended on the individual
>>
>>9282453
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_pluralism

since le greeks, at least on some level
>>
Nuada of the Irish pantheon had a silver arm that replaced one lost in battle. Of course back then that meant you could no longer be King as they were supposed to be flawless. He later found his arm preserved in a bog, reattached it and reclaimed kingship.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuada_Airgetl%C3%A1m
>>
>>9283195
lol irish are so stupid
>>
>>9283195
I too always forget where I put my arm
>>
>>9283201
>PATRICK ME SON
>YE ARE MAN, NAO
>YE MOOST CHOOSE
>WILL YUO TAKE BYUUTFYL SILVER ARM FROM HEAVENS ABOOVE, IMBUED WITH POW'R OF YE GODS
>OR WILL YUO TAKE ARM FROM 70-YEAR OLD CORPSE ROTTING IN YE BOG
>>
>>9281663
Enkidu in the Epic of Gilgamesh you can't find an older story
>>
>>9283238
>AW DAMM, THATSA TUFFIE
>CAN AH NAWT GIT A DRINK FIRST EN THINK AEBOUTIT?
>>
>>9282459
OP here
Golems are hiffy because they're completely artificial, including their souls.
I'm talking about
>you take man
>he gonna get ded
>put his soul into artifishul body
>he dont ded
>>9283195
This is more what I'm talking about.
I'm writing lyrics about transhumanism and needed some inspiration
>>
>>9282638
Thought of his automatons too but they weren't living beings in the proper sense, they were just machines that could walk and do shit for him.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.