[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this series readable without knowing his other works Librarian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 220px-Thedarktower7.jpg (24KB, 220x338px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Thedarktower7.jpg
24KB, 220x338px
Is this series readable without knowing his other works
Librarian told me its a mutiverse connecting all his books
>>
>>9280866
>>9280866
It sucks, at least imo. The way he writes annoys me eyes and the story is no good.
>>
>>9280866

I'd say you're fine with just reading IT, Salem's Lot and The Stand. But seriously read Salem's Lot before book five. It spoils a lot for you if you haven't.
>>
>>9280866
>Is this series readable

Lemme stop you right there.

No
>>
>>9280866
read The Gunslinger and then pretend the rest of the series doesn't exist.
>>
>>9280866
>Is this series readable without knowing his other works
yes , there's maybe 2-3 places where reading the other books will reveal something you wouldn't otherwise know the thing with the emotion vampire in the second to last book IIRC a bit earlier but its not a big deal.
it builds a pretty interesting world initially and is pretty good up until the fourth book (which is sort of a flashback to before the first, and the best book of the series).the fifth+ book are batshit retarded as king tries to get all meta on you but i kinda liked the ending of the series , found it fitting with the overarching theme.
also read up the wing though the keyhole , interesting story inside a story inside a story layered thing going on there.
>>
>>9280866
I was on a plane and the guy next to me was this super WASPy black dude reading the Gunslinger

I was fascinated by him
>>
>>9280866
I stopped reading it after the second book of the series
>>
>>9282112
>WASPy
>black
?????
>>
It's mostly self-contained, but book 5 has a major character from Salem's Lot so you might want to read that first. Also, you don't really need to, I didn't, but there's a random but major thing in the last book that will make more sense if you read Insomnia, but even so it's such a tangential thing that you'd be better off just reading a summary of Insomania (if you don't plan on reading it anyway).

I loved IT and The Stand when I read them in high school, but you don't need to read them before Dark Tower. There is a reference to The Stand, but it doesn't spoil anything and it's really not important.
>>
>>9280866
'Salem's Lot before Book 5 is the only really necessary one.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.