[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can literature make you go insane? Has it affected your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1474197361004.jpg (47KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1474197361004.jpg
47KB, 499x499px
Can literature make you go insane? Has it affected your mental health at all?
>>
If 4chan shitposts counts as literature, yes
>>
If twitter counts as literature, yes
>>
>>9280862
>>9280865
Neither do
>>
File: adorno.jpg (36KB, 423x600px) Image search: [Google]
adorno.jpg
36KB, 423x600px
Dubidabadibidam
>>
Not insane but celine was hard to read. Made me depressed everytime i thought about it.
>>
>>9280885
Would your recommend Journey to the End of the Night to someone who is depressed?
>>
>>9280896
I mean do what you want but celine hates life in general, so i wouldn't
>>
>>9280860
No.
You can't just "get" mental illnesses (outside of trauma based illnesses)

Movies can make you get weird, however. I once watched Videodrome on a streaming/chat site- you could watch what people were typing getting progressively bizarre as the movie went on. It's not something that sticks around though.
>>
>>9280896
Celine is funny af, and I think you have to be depressed to see that so go ahead.
>>
Can literature be literature?
>>
>>9280860
If you read too much and sleep too little you can dry out your brain and lose your wits.
>>
>>9280935
Gnarly! Niche taste.
>>
The closer its author was to being a superconductor the more likely it is that it will read you back.
>>
>>9280860
funny enough I had the most hardcore mental breakdowns of my life while/after reading Don Quixote, which, as you may know, is about a guy who goes crazy
>>
>>9280860
evelyn waugh fictionalized his own mental breakdown as it was occurring

i guess that's a chicken and egg situation though
>>
>>9280896
WELL I mean it's about the main character experiencing fucked up things about society, but if you're depressed about modern society then it might be comforting to read about a character who feels the same way.
>>
Well written literature can affect you emotionally, but it can't outright make you go crazy. Perhaps it could trigger a latent disorder?

I know I got pretty depressed for a while after marathoning Whatever, but I also realized that I was always depressed, but now I could put my finger on exactly why.
>>
It was the conspirators behind the literature that ruined me and put me in the hoosegow for the mentally insane, where I now bang my head against the cage I've been placed in for respite. Not respite from the literature, but from the society that is so always a critique of society!

It isn't books that made me crazy, it was my socio-economic status, immigrants, family history, and a vicious alliance of men and women bent on my everyday torment through the simple, the mundane, and the sexual...

And when I do kill my self, it will be the conspirators who will have to carry that weight on there shoulders into there grave
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.