[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, laddos Some days ago some anon posted a really simple Gravity's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: GR31.jpg (181KB, 329x500px) Image search: [Google]
GR31.jpg
181KB, 329x500px
Hi, laddos
Some days ago some anon posted a really simple Gravity's Rainbow online guide, I don't remember the name, sadly, so I wanted to ask if anyone knows about it, please post it
That other wiki guide is good too, but is not so good on mobile
>>
Pls help.
>>
>>9277785
More of little summaries than a guide.

https://www.ottosell.de/pynchon/rainbow.htm
>>
Yeah, that was me, lemme pull it up here.

1. To prepare was 48 hours of adult swim, to get you in the right mood (i recommend tim and eric, the eric andre show, and aqua teen hunger force) these shows will get your funny bone vibratin & get you attuned to the pynchon comedy frequency (~~~~~~)
2. Brush up on what things belong together and what dont. For instance, in war (serious), pie fights (not serious, wacky, ridiculous) do NOT belong together. Thats why its so freaking funny. If you're confused as to what things belong together and what dont, youre gonna miss a lot of the comedy, itsjust gonna fly (like a rocket lol) right over ur little tiny pea brain.
3. Watch monty python and the holy grail for some sophisticated comedy, because pynchon jokes are very high iq like the british version of a sitcom, not stupid like the american version.
4. Put on you're thinking cap, because pynchons gona throw a lot of important themes at you. Nobody before 1973 had ever said that the military-industrial complex was messed up. People thought it was really good. Then pynchon arrived on the scene with his flashes of merriment and his songs and gambols, and people took heart: war was bad news indeed.
4. Strap yourself in tight (its gonna be a bumpy ride)
5. Light some of that sweet sweet sweet ganga marijuana my sweet dude. Oooo that sticky stuff, suck on the joint mon like a ajamaican mon yayaha get high brother.
6. Jerk off before you start, so you arent interrupted with the urge to jerk off later. My fellow rocketeers know what i be sayin mon, yoo know? Ha ha.
7. Cancel all meetings and appointnments. Actually do this earlier.
8. Snacks. Get all the snacks you can find and build a snack fort. Youre gonna want to be snackin mon.
9. Start reading the book.
10. The first half of it doesnt make any sense. Thats on purpose. You just have to plow thru it. You may be thinking, but what could be the point of that. Heh. Book doesnt make any sense.... yeah, you think thats an accident? Lemme explain somethin else that didnt make too much sense to ya. World war 2. Yeah, sit on that.
11?. Keep on reading until you reach the end of the book.
12. Now you can jerk off agaib you animal.
>>
>>9277824
Thanks son.
>>
>>9277838
holy... but I actually think I've missed some jokes
>>
>>9277838
kek pynchon BTFO
>>
>>9277884
yeah he's totally gonna lose sleep over that
>>
>>9277941
>implying the madman sleeps
>>
>>9277838
Epic.
>>
http://web.archive.org/web/20050715013450/http://www.themodernword.com/pynchon/pynchon_gr.html
>>
>>9277838
i wish i could waste my time and be as pathetic like this
>>
>>9277962
Why did I laugh out loud at this
>>
>>9279146
He stays all night playing counter strike 1.6
>>
>>9277838
Go to bed Thomas or Ryan
>>
>>9277838
Good guide, anon. I would also like to add that you should listen to every pop song that was ever released. These are crucial if you want to understand Pynchon's juxtaposition of hi- and low-culture.
>Jerk off before you start
unironically good advice, there is a truly bonerific scene about once every 20 pages in anything Pynchon writes.
>>
>>9277838
The closest thing to Pynchon on adult swim is objectively Xavier Renegade Angel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM4Hlw4WjQQ
>>
>>9279302
>bonerific
heh
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.