[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Life's too short for -insert unpleasant thing and or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Vomitorium.jpg (254KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Vomitorium.jpg
254KB, 1600x1067px
>Life's too short for -insert unpleasant thing and or experience here-
>You only live once
>Seize the day
>Do things that make you happy
>Only surround yourself with people who make you happy
>Nothing matters in the end anyway XD

Anyone who actively uses, writes or says any one of these stupid fucking phrases or holds an ideology that contains any one of these retarded "virtues" is a fucking idiot.

Seriously, you pampered hedonistic fucks, have you never heard of concepts like DUTY, PAIN, STRIFE, SACRIFICES, or does the only thing that matters in this shitty fucking existence is your own "happiness"? How far are you willing to go to reach that happiness? Where do you draw the line? And how come you're such an obviously spoiled little shit who have never had to fight not only to make a living but fight for the right to SURVIVE a single day in your short and uneventful life to come to these conclusions?

Go tell a single mother in a 3rd world country trying to raise 3 children to "seize the day", you fucking idiot. Holy shit.

I cannot believe people actually have the gal to hold this stupid hedonistic ideology sponsored by money who just happened to fall on their laps.

Go outside you child.
>>
Thanks for another bad thread.
>>
>>9277035
>Dispelling one of society's biggest and ugliest ideological flaws is bad

Okay, guy.
>>
>>9277034
>does the only thing that matters in this shitty fucking existence is your own "happiness"
Yes. You can rationalize your misery with as many spooks as you like. Nobody gives a shit really.
>>
Why the fuck not? I'm not going to move to Africa and work in a sweatshop if I don't have to. You're not going to either.
>>
>>9277050
>I am directly responsible for the suffering of my fellow men but I dont care because muh happiness lmao
>I could help those people
>I could devote myself to the betterment of my species

>NAH LMAO MY HAPPINESS THO

Like, what is even the fucking thought process behind this bullshit?
>>
>>9277034
whoa.. deep
>>
>>9277034
>>9277058

You're seem like a rude person.
>I am directly responsible for the suffering of my fellow men but I dont care because muh happiness lmao
How is eeking to alleviate suffering, devoting yourself to people, helping your community, etc. in any shape or form inextricable from seeking "happiness"? Are you not motivated to that because making other people happy makes you happy? Do you think people should be physicians because they hate it and only feel a need to not be a dick out of obligation? Would you eat if eating was harsh and unrewarding?
>b-but I mean, the BAD kind of happiness
Stuff it.
>>
>>9277034
James Joyce said "Life's too short to read bad books".
Schopenhauer made the same argument for art in general.

Are they idiots?
>>
>>9277092
Seeking to alleviate suffering isn't the same as seeking happiness.

What kind of mental gymnastics are you doing right now to think that the end result is equivalent to that of something that is only part of the equation?

Seeking the alleviate suffering, period, is far more meaningful and noble than seeking to alleviate suffering so that it'll make you happy in the end, especially doing it with that end-goal in mind to begin with.

It leaves you open to the option of simply getting tired of helping others because you don't find it "fun" anymore. It doesn't make you happy anymore. You know when it doesn't matter whether or not you're happy with something or not?

When you're fucking obligated to. When it is your duty. You know, things that are completely separate from "happiness".

It's a flimsy fucking ideology and you know it. Don't try to justify it and don't try to tell me to "stuff it" because what is spoken might shatter your lazily built house of happy cards.
>>
File: 51650996_p0.jpg (133KB, 335x441px) Image search: [Google]
51650996_p0.jpg
133KB, 335x441px
>>9277092
Also
>Go tell a single mother in a 3rd world country trying to raise 3 children to "seize the day", you fucking idiot. Holy shit.
You say that like 99% of the poor don't slave away for a chance to have a more luxurious and pleasurable life, not because "muh categorical duty" as a fucking cassava farmer or whatever. Do you honestly think the typical poverty-tier Bangladeshi wouldn't screw over their entire block for an upper-class Western living standard? Or, would you gladly opt to trade your wealth for austerity and squalor because "pain builds character" "we're not here to enjoy ourselves" and "life is made noble by sacrifice :^ )" ?
>>
>>9277112
Uh yes, the poor kids in Africa only get to read bad literature.
>>
>>9277123
>It leaves you open to the option of simply getting tired of helping others because you don't find it "fun" anymore
What? That's perfectly legitimate!
I'd rather be operated on by a physician who is rewarded by his craft rather than the guy who's only wrist-deep in my kidneys because Kant tells him he should be. The whole reason "fun" is present at all is because part of your brains squeezes out juice when you perform behaviors that are advantageous to you. Generally, life-sustaining behaviors are fun, and life-denying ones, like cutting off your toes or working in a position you hate, are painful and aversive. The ability to castrate any volitional action through anesthetic injections puts this concept beyond dispute..

Whether fun behaviors are always sustainable or not is another story, because your initial criticism is about doing fun things for fun's sake instead of duty's sake, independent of the consequences. You ought not to be a coke-snorting serial-killer but you don't have to be a flagellant either.
>>
>>9277034

Agreed, it is very important that a large number of people hold the spooks you mentioned holy, otherwise society would collapse, and that would hinder me in my fornication, drug abuse travelling and general #YOLO lifestyle.

I'm sorry that you're not invited to parties bro, but you're totally right, DUTY, PAIN, STRIFE and SACRIFICE are the REAL important things.
>>
>>9277158
>>It leaves you open to the option of simply getting tired of helping others because you don't find it "fun" anymore

That's normal. Aid workers need rest to avoid burnouts.
>>
>>9277123
OP, if you are going to try to define anything as "meaningful," you are going to have to embrace faith. Maybe you already have.

Wittgenstein said that "I don't know why we're here, but I am pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves." But about life's meaning he said that "The meaning does not lie in it but outside of it."

A human being can be nothing other than selfish in this existence. Do you believe that people would help others if they did not feel pain upon seeing their pain? Do you think that anyone would choose to love if it was not a good feeling? Listening to our conscience, our "empathy," provides a much more powerful happiness and sense of fulfillment than sitting around jacking off, but I am pretty convinced that you cannot call it "meaningful" by the standards of this existence alone.

A lot of people in this thread are just going to yell "SPOOKS" at you. They might feel insecure because they know that the path they've chosen is easier, and they are concerned that this is proof that this easiness might be a sign that they've been too hasty in their reasoning.

OP, I recommend you read a little Kierkegaard if you haven't already.
>>
>>9277261
People shout spooks, because OP naively reduces 'living for happiness' to mindless materialistic hedonism and the goes on a retarded crusade with this false assumption. Stop trying to recruit people into christfaggotry. Also
>quoting highly neurotic autist on the meaning of life
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.