[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: when books say the title in the book >"Who are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: cute doggo.jpg (36KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
cute doggo.jpg
36KB, 720x720px
ITT: when books say the title in the book

>"Who are you?"
>I, Claudius
>>
>>9276666

>"Oh please, where are we?"
>"You are in the Chronicles of Narnia, child"

Come the fuck on, Lewis
>>
>>9276672
Lewis was a hack, Tolkien knew it but had to look after him.
>>
>>9276666
>Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy

No wonder DFW offed himself, when he wrote lines this bad.
>>
>>9276774
>I guess I really am The Hobbit
>We really are The Lord of the Rings

Fucking really Tolkien?
>>
"Excuse me fellas, I got a phone call for Mister Stoner"

SHIGGY DIGGY
>>
>>9276774

I know Tolkien criticized Lewis for taking a whole bunch of stuff from myth and folklore and simply throwing it all helter-skelter into a single world. Was there more to it than that?
>>
>>9276822
Yes, taking everything else from George MacDonald including the religious aspect then changing it into a kiddie adventure where they save the world and meet Jesus and Santa instead of a deep tale of a man searching for redemption. Read the synopses of Lilith and Phantastes.
>>
>>9276787
>I've made a million silmarils. A Silmarillion if you will.
Holy shit and people actually read this garbage?
>>
>I, Robot, am here to help you, human.

Jesus Isaac
>>
>"we came across a a circle of constant longitude passing through a given place on the earth's surface and the terrestrial poles. It was made out of a certain body fluid in humans and other animals that delivers necessary substances such as nutrients and oxygen to the cells and transports metabolic waste products away from those same cells.

>"Well," judge holden said, "looks like we got ourselves a real Blood Meridian, or the Evening Redness in The West by Cormac McCarthy."

wow
>>
>man, that sure was a real The metamorphosis
>>
>I was Northwest of Whitehorse when she saw me, a compass in my hand, staring at the horizon. What are you looking for, she asked. I told her I was Looking for Alaska by John Green
Seriously?
>>
File: 1395588595153.jpg (24KB, 448x545px) Image search: [Google]
1395588595153.jpg
24KB, 448x545px
>In the end, I made enough money to buy the living quarters of my dreams. I now live in a Paradise Loft.
>>
>>9276666
>Something they call Inherent Vice, a novel.
Pynchon is a hack.
>>
> when general Ulysses Grant whoever he was or did supposed to be some great fellow landed off the ship

Joyce actually slips this into the last chapter of Ulysses.
>>
>"Now, he found himself navigating the forested landscape of northern Canada, looking for Alaska."
fuck John Green
>>
>>9278281
lmao
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.