[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do when you've got an idea for a scene, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 93fn7p9t-1451917478.jpg (602KB, 1356x668px) Image search: [Google]
93fn7p9t-1451917478.jpg
602KB, 1356x668px
What do you do when you've got an idea for a scene, but no story to go with it?
>>
Publicly humiliate yourself as punishment and whip your brain until it submits and never makes that mistake again

How do you think I got famous?

My name is Ted and you have heard of me, I assure you
>>
Write it anyway. Ideas that stay in your head are useless,but getting anything to paper is. This way you can read it and store it away for use in some larger work.
>>
>>9275019
Write it as a short story
>>
File: 1489296584824.gif (3MB, 267x212px) Image search: [Google]
1489296584824.gif
3MB, 267x212px
>>9275019
>scene
>>
>>9275019
Write it anyway. Without context. Fill the variables with what you prefer. Maybe someday the story will reveal itself to you. Maybe reading that scene will actually help you come up with the story.
And also if the scene is good enough, it could stand on its own just for it's emotional/aesthetical value.
>>
>>9275077
Why do I get the feeling you're some third world shitskin that doesn't know what the word scene means?
>>
>>9275019
suffer

t. these are the only kinds of ideas I fucking get
>>
>>9275019

This is actually the way you're supposed to write

The best way to write a story with strong central theming is bottom up

You write something that exemplifies the theme which is rarely if ever placed at the beginning of a story (at the end occasionally) then work in an outward fashion
>>
>>9275019
video art
>>
>>9275019
Write poetry
>>
>>9275019
write the scene anyway, just to practice it. maybe it's the opening to a story, maybe you just stow it away for safe keeping. know it well enough so that you can adapt it to multiple stories, or even rinse/repeat it in different ways throughout the same story so they just appear different but have the same overall theme of events, as a pattern of a character's behavior and its consequences
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.