[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I learn to write what I want and not what I think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

How do I learn to write what I want and not what I think other people want?
>>
>>9274591
Microdose DMT
>>
>>9274591
You negotiate; that's half the art.
>>
I'm not being an ironic meme retard and I mean this:

Write by hand or via typewriter in a room without a television while binge drinking whiskey. Meditate, drink, and pray. Only when the act of writing and prayer become indistinguishable will you create something authentic.
>>
>>9274616
That sounds like a surefire way to become a drinker with a writing problem.
>>
Usually you have to think about the sort of book that you would like to read for a start.

Then, spend some time, just living and going about your normal day with that story in the back of your mind and wait for inspiration to come.

Make a note of your inspiration, then take it to the block, iron it out and get to work on it.

Repeat until you have about 60 scenes, 20-25 sequences and 2-3 acts.

Or not.
>>
stop giving a fuck. do lots of drugs. start writing some shitty fanfiction and then realize that you're better than that. write something else that interests you
>>
>>9276228
>anon's life summary

but really tho, me too. I wrote 'fanfiction' for the video game Megaman when i was 9, though. I wrote a story about a sidescrolling video gamer character somehow. The drugs came later.
>>
>>9274591
You should try to lose the notion that you're special. People are fundamentally similar to one another. Different yes, but very very similar. They all want similar things. This includes you. If you want to write about something but dismiss it as, "oh, that's what OTHER people want," check yourself. Remember you are their "other people."
>>
>>9274616
Bukowski is that you?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.