[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get into metaphysics /lit/ Is there a good book series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: Heidegger_1955.jpg (40KB, 484x578px) Image search: [Google]
Heidegger_1955.jpg
40KB, 484x578px
I want to get into metaphysics /lit/
Is there a good book series i should look into?
Is there a single good book i should look into?
Thanks in advanced
>>
File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (15KB, 155x208px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
15KB, 155x208px
>>9270778
>I want to get into metaphysics /lit/
don't
>>
>>9270778
People here will tell you metaphysics is dead. Whatever you do, DO NOT listen to them. Metaphysics is alive and thriving both in the analytic and continental traditions. It's a wonderful time to find yourself interested in first philosophy. Some recommendations:

The First Philosophers: The Presocratics and Sophists (Oxford World's Classics)
Republic - Plato
Physics - Aristotle
Metaphysics - Aristotle
Meditations on First Philosophy - Descartes
An Essay Concerning Human Understanding - Locke
An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding - Hume
A Treatise Concerning the Principles of Human Knowledge - Berkeley
Discourse on Metaphysics and Other Essays - Leibniz
Metaphysical Foundations of Natural Science - Kant
Prologomena to any Future Metaphysics - Kant
Critique of Pure Reason - Kant
Science of Logic - Hegel

This gets you started. Then the split between analytic and continental metaphysics commences. You won't have to worry about that until you finish these though. Good luck
>>
Just read this and be done with it
http://www.umfernandopessoa.com/uploads/1/6/1/3/16136746/gr_eng.pdf
>>
>ctrl f Husserl
>zero results

If you're seriously interested in the subject you should definitely check him out. He was Heidegger's teacher at one point. Gave him his position as a professor when he retired. Generally ignored by academia unless they've got some interest in the obscure influences of movements, but his writings are worth your time.
>>
>>9270833
wait shit I thought you said phenomenology.

ignore what I said i am drunk.
>>
Maybe look into Heidegger's own Introduction to Metaphysics.
>>
>>9270871
>taking education from a literal cuck
>>
>>9270876

>cucking yourself out of uncucking your primordial attitude toward Being by refusing to read a book by a cuck

you might as well be felching semen out of your wife's destroyed pussy right now to be perfectly honest with you my cuck
>>
>>9270778
START
>>
>>9270871

despite its title, this book is a terrible introduction to metaphysics. good book for understanding heidegger, though
>>
>>9270920
>being exorbitantly verbose in an attempt at humor

C U C K
>>
you could start here and then check out the more detailed entries on specific topics that interest you, or look into the bibliographies for good books on the subject:

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/metaphysics/
>>
>>9270951

no SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII--

>>9270953

I at least understand the sexual psychology of modern women, and am happy to take up the scraps left to me.

Fag.
>>
>>9270778
in terms of balance between importance, interest and readability, I'd say Leibniz is a perfect deal. Try to find one of his short essays, that develop one single idea rather than one that sums up his hole philosophy in 15 pages. "Of the radical origination of things" is fine.
>>
>>9270778
Start with the fucking Greeks, preferably Pythagoras.
>>
>>9270778

In addition to the other good replies I add "Nietzsche" by Martin Heidegger. aka 'the Nietzsche lectures.'
Four long essays on "the will to power." published in two volumes.
It's excellent
>>
File: kant.png (586KB, 946x2017px) Image search: [Google]
kant.png
586KB, 946x2017px
>>9270815
Your order is all wrong.
Berkely is inbetween Locke and Hume.
Leibniz goes either before or after Locke
Metaphysical foundations by Kant is after his Critique
>>
File: ≠&♻.gif (42KB, 261x376px) Image search: [Google]
≠&♻.gif
42KB, 261x376px
>>9270778
Just skip to the guy that got it right.
>>
File: Hegeldanoff.jpg (140KB, 500x387px) Image search: [Google]
Hegeldanoff.jpg
140KB, 500x387px
>The call that ended metaphysics
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.