[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of a scene where a character is reading in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

I'm thinking of a scene where a character is reading in bed, in a castle bedroom. Which do you think would create better atmosphere, cool breeze and room lit by moonlight or rain storm and room lit by cozy fireplace?
>>
Go melancholy, you're already writing My Immortal.
>>
>>9270392
Maybe consider the meaning of all of those isntead in relation to the story?
>>
>>9270401
I am?
>>
>>9270392
I like the cool breeze and how it foreshadows the inevitable rimming scene.
>>
Must the breeze be cool? Just the moonlight breeze and the on-again off-again sound of trees outside. Gives the reader the chance to notice something. For instance, the rustling stops and he pulls his head up from the book. What is he thinking? Hopefully not about (((her))) unless 'her' is his grandmother, who died last year. Maybe something she said....
>>
File: Y7A9093-Edit.jpg (304KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Y7A9093-Edit.jpg
304KB, 1200x800px
>>9270392
what time of year is it? what emotions are the character experiencing? what has just happened, or what is about to happen? what is the character reading?

why do we care about the weather?
>>
Moonlight is an utter bitch to read by, unless it's a full moon shining straight in through the window. There should be a candle at the very least.
>>
>>9270768
>why do we care about how a scene feels

Did your mother drink paint while she was pregnant with you?
>>
>>9271403
I came here to say this. Only one of these options makes sense.
>>
>>9271539
Yeah, I envision glass balcony doors with moonlight shining through.
>>
>>9271544

It's still an unrealistic notion, if a pleasantly romantic one. The average reader won't be bothered.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.