[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best places on the internet to have legitimate intellectual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1483619533045.png (984KB, 3180x2088px) Image search: [Google]
1483619533045.png
984KB, 3180x2088px
What are the best places on the internet to have legitimate intellectual discussions?

The search for knowledge can't be done in isolation after all right?
>>
As endlessly self-hating /lit/ is, it's actually a fantastic place for that

I've spent all day debating with people here on subjects I've been personally trying to force into focus while it rains outside
>>
>>9270103
Really intellectual discussions on the net are carried out in closed groups by people who are peers of each other.

If you have to ask, you don't need to know. If intellectual discussion groups had an open door policy, then they would quickly become not intellectual, because everyone who thinks they're an intellectual but is actually a retard would infest the board with retardation.
>>
>>9270121
Instead of making it difficult to get in, why not just enforce a policy like:
>You can join, but you have to prove yourself to stay
>>
>>9270136
because mods are usually shit
also communist detected
>>
>>9270121

I'm sure there's esoteric gateways into intellectual communities. Without understanding context, it's hard to understand reference, and we could have these communities operating under our very noses without us noticing. Maybe all of these Gass & McElroy posters are trying to recruit the intellectually curious by sorting out those who are easily swayed by public opinion and aren't willing to think outside the box.
>>
>>9270149
wHO IS JOHN GALT

>>9270110
but yeah, I actually like /lit/ for this reason. People will tell you that you are full of shit and then sometimes you learn something interesting.

but yeah, go meet some writers or poets or artists living in your nearest metropolis. It doesn't matter if you agree with them on anything. Dissenting opinions force you to consider your ideas closely.
>>
>>9270162
>go meet some writers or poets or artists living in your nearest metropolis. It doesn't matter if you agree with them on anything. Dissenting opinions force you to consider your ideas closely.

What if I'm too socially retarded to leave my home?
>>
Like I would tell you about my secret club
>>
File: IMG_4214.png (59KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4214.png
59KB, 658x662px
/r/books

I was once blown away by this analysis of East of Eden, in which one user said "it was AWESOME" and another said "Steinbeck is literally amazing."

Really made me think.
>>
>>9270175
Chances are the people you'll be meeting will be pretty awkward too.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.