[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to read this, never have. Is it campy at all? What I mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: frankenstein-mary-shelley.jpg (104KB, 650x967px) Image search: [Google]
frankenstein-mary-shelley.jpg
104KB, 650x967px
I want to read this, never have. Is it campy at all? What I mean by this, is it the text equivalent of the typical "Frankenstein" green Halloween mask or is it actually mature/dark in any way? I just have this ingrained assumption about it. I'd like to be proved wrong.

Thanks.
>>
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, just give it a go

t. written his bachelor thesis on Frankenstein
>>
>>9268891
I've just been reading some amazon reviews. One of them says

"Forget square-heads and green make-up, forget that dreadful modern remake with Kenneth Branagh and Robert DeNiro sit down and read one of the most remarkable science fiction stories ever written. "

So this makes me feel like giving it a go as I when I hear Frankenstein I often think of the above scenario. But it sounds like it could be quite good from these reviews.
>>
My main question is if it's for adults, really.
>>
"his is far from the popularised version of a tall, square headed freak with bolts in his neck; in fact it's almost like someone has been playing Chinese whispers with this story. The gruesome experimentation of the doctor whist playing a big role in creating a context is actually quite a small part of the plot. Shelley explores man's race towards their dreams and the inevitable horror and disappointment when they are achieved. The results are an exploration into each character and in depth analysis of things which turn them into the monsters they become."

I think I'll buy it then.
>>
>>9268945
Yes. Read it, it's worth it.
>>
monumental for queer literature, read it!
>>
>>9268969
What do you mean?
>>
You should read it. It's an achievement.

:)
>>
>>9268969
it has nothing to do with queer literature
stop trying to queer the canon
there's plenty of actually queer literature to champion
>>
>>9268871
The writing is atrocious. Just watch Young Frankenstein and call it a day.
>>
>>9268871
>campy

Not at all.
>>
>>9268871
It's a fucking fantastic book
>>
>>9269000
Please, compared to Dickens it's a monumental feat
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.