[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone else found that they've grown out of lit? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: annoyed_alien.jpg (11KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
annoyed_alien.jpg
11KB, 251x242px
Has anyone else found that they've grown out of lit? I'm not the "universities lol" guy but it's frightening that there are people on here who think writers need MFAs or English degrees or that Literary Theory was anything other than hopefully entertaining charlatanism.

Literature existed. Then this stupid formalism / Critical Theory / Literary Theory grows alongside it. People take this seriously even though knowledge of this theory seems to give no ability to actually create art. Never mind the fact that all this theory is internally inconsistent while making only unfalsifiable claims while attempting to monopolise the authority to make these claims.
>>
>>9266503

You understand that literary theory doesn't intend to create art but to understand already created art.

Right?
>>
>>9266514

You understand that "understanding art" has infinite possible interpretations and the ability to make unfalsifiable claims about art can be done by anyone, right?

You realise that the alleged special ability of certain people to "understand art" is not an ability that can be tested and authority is perpetuated through citation rings and social structures, right?

You understand that a possible sign that someone's version of literary theory is better than someone else's is that they can successfully create popular (either through numbers of people or diversity of fans) literature, right?
>>
>>9266503
>grown out of lit
>frogposts his shit opinions
Yes, you have. Now fuck off.
>>
>>9266503
there's a huge difference between loving literature and being a writer. I'm not even sure that most people who love literature actually write. Let them have fun in academic studies, it's absolutely worth it. Now if you just love to write and wanna publish something, that's fine for sure, but don't spit on academia. There's no necessary link between these. Only in retarded countries do people "study creative writing".

It could actually be interesting to draw a list of authors, depending on how much academùic success they had. Not sure if it would be much significant.
>>
>>9266503
I never entertain the pseuds on this board, in agreement with you 100%. The people going to university for these topics are simply over invested in a sense of intellectual superiority that is completely false.
"I'm like, no good at math but I'm a gold star English major aspiring author"
Their most realistic aspiration is to be a professor, which is obviously retarded because they are in competition with every one of their classmates to fill one rarely available position. It's not good enough for the people here to like books or the medium of writing, they wish to be part of it so they beat their head against the wall until it dawns on them that they have no talent. Whatever makes you fags feel as smart as all your friends who are going to out earn you, and likely have a better chance at succeeding at whatever their dream is, without your air of pretense.
>inb4 projecting everytime I remind you of this
>you're just a fag and people laugh behind your back
>inb4 delete this post & thread
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.