[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are spirit and mind one in the same? If not what's the difference?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1489482875741.jpg (143KB, 647x656px) Image search: [Google]
1489482875741.jpg
143KB, 647x656px
Are spirit and mind one in the same? If not what's the difference?
What did Hegel mean by "geist"?
Are there any good critical works that deal with this topic?

My STEM friends roll their eyes if I speak of a spirit being seperate from the brain, but if i ise the word 'mind' they understand what I'm getting at.
>>
The mind is the fourth dimensional apparatus of our consciousness.

Spirit is breath.
>>
>>9265139
At any given moment, the entirety of linear existence is occurring simultaneously, only not simultanesouly apprehended. Awareness as a divine selection process, there are different vechilces to narrow down the fullness of the cosmos. The individual human body organism construct is a very profitable way for consciousness to explore itself in detail. God does not live in detail, needs us for that. There are other vehicles for awareness to explore in detail, vehicles that don't "bump" into anything, are fluid in a sense. Geist might be that, the spiritual world has no newtonian physics on the level of force as non-poetic, as purely cause effect phenomenon

Idk wtf im saying mang
>>
>>9265139
The mind is embodied spirit (soul). Spirit depends on context but I think you are referring to an individual soul??
>>
>>9265236
Spirit depends on a historico-dialectic context to be specific
>>
>>9265337
to contextualize a concept?
>>
>>9265139
>My STEM friends roll their eyes if I speak of a spirit being seperate from the brain, but if i ise the word 'mind' they understand what I'm getting at.
That's because they've been indoctrinated into the religion of mind. They've been taught to laugh at the ancients' "soul" and the Christian "spirit," but when it comes to the "Human Mind" they're all reverence and dread.

I'm not well acquainted with Hegel, but in German the word "geist" can mean "spirit," "mind," and "intellect" interchangeably. It can also mean "ghost."

Yes, they are the same thing.
>>
>>9265139
>tfw aphantasia; can't create mental imagery at all
>tfw throughout entire life I've thought that dreams/imagination are metaphors or something
I'm in the middle of a yuge paradigm shift, and this is a key aspect of it.
First of all, define mind/spirit.
Where would one end and another begin in a physical/functionalist sense? How about thought or memory?
>>
>>9265357
Hegel seems to have a conception of geist being all of humanity and taking the role of god. I probably just need to read more its all foggy still.
>>
Consciousness?

I think and perceive the world around me therefore I am. My thoughts, caused by a huge network of neurotransmitters, create a perception of a world around me. These biological cells emit energy and cause awareness of self on a scale much larger than those cells individually as to perpetuate their own lives. I have consciousness. A spirit or mind or some other pseudo bullshit duality created to give the self a sense of importance is a load of horse shit.
>>
>>9265139
He was talking about ghosts, fucknigga
>>
>>9265452
You're basically admitting you have no soul
>>
>be me, five years ago
>meet qt 8/10 with short hair and cute southern accent
>she's into lit and says I look like a young General Sherman
>go out with her for two months
>think she might be the one
>browsing rings when I have free time
>summer comes along
>never met her family before
>decide to go on road trip to meet them
>plan to ask her dad for permission, because I'm told he's traditional
>when I get permission, I plan to pop question on the return trip when we stop at Niagara Falls
>meet her family
>her mom is 400 pounds, and her dad can barely breathe on his own
>they live in a pre-fab house in the middle of nowhere
>her brothers are pocked-marked retards who think burning garbage is proper entertainment
>never get any alone time with her dad
>driving back north
>at Niagara Falls
>appreciate the views and have a decent time
>break up with her on the way back home
>feel nothing
tl;dr Hegel's Phenomenology of Spirit is bullshit
>>
>>9265139
Geist is just human culture
>>
>>9265680
But what IS a soul?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.