[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on Dune? I'm about 10% of the way through and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0426.jpg (35KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0426.jpg
35KB, 250x350px
Opinions on Dune? I'm about 10% of the way through and I'm really enjoying it so far, but I don't want to commit to reading it unless I'm sure it can keep me entertained for the whole thing.
>>
File: 81a3oM3EcfL.jpg (452KB, 1871x2560px) Image search: [Google]
81a3oM3EcfL.jpg
452KB, 1871x2560px
Jesus Christ, what are you, a fucking faggot? You can't make a decision in your life without the help of others? Does the prospect of reading a fucking book give you so much entertainment anxiety that you need to seek approval from /lit/ in order to enjoy a damn book? DFW was right, man. People can't committ
>>
File: dune_reading.jpg (1022KB, 1144x2560px) Image search: [Google]
dune_reading.jpg
1022KB, 1144x2560px
OP: i am afraid the second poster is correct. what precisely are you afraid of, that you will find you spent a month reading a book that it turns out you didn't think was as entertaining as Mario Kart? it's a fucking book, it's not an eight year tour in the fucking Marine corp.

if you want recommendations that will save you wasting time, see attached pic.
>>
Read Dune, they said. It's a sci-fi masterpiece, they said.

Dune is terribly written trash.
>>
>>9264570
I liked all 5. I thought the seccond was the best because that's the only one I can really remember now. Read them over 10 years ago in highschool.
>>
File: wat_gabe.jpg (48KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
wat_gabe.jpg
48KB, 200x200px
>>9265330
you idiot, he won't read it now. what sort of 4channer do you call yourself? trying to help him? if you had a 4chan pass it'd be revoked.
>>
Listen OP. Keep reading. You might really love it. Half of enjoying something and getting to know it on a meta level, in this case, reading and stories, is by finding what you don't like anyway. On one level it may illuminate why things work in the things you do like.

Is Dune going to be worthwhile to read? If you like sci-fi it's literally required reading even if you end up hating it. So rationalize it like that at least.
>>
>>9264599
This tbf
>>
Great novel, I loved it when I read it as a teenager. It's certainly my favourite sci-fi novel. It's the peak of the series, followed by the second. Children of Dune was fairly weak and I didn't particularly enjoy god emporor though it's not bad. All else in the series isn't really worth reading unless you're a lonely fourteen year old with nothing but sci-fi paperbacks
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.