[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you agree with this list? https://www.youtube.com/watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: reading_list.png (146KB, 627x330px) Image search: [Google]
reading_list.png
146KB, 627x330px
Do you agree with this list?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbOeO_frzvg
>>
>>9260723
>how to change the world
>he's a minor celebrity who specializes in criticizing leftist strawmans while being a self-help guru

Why would you ever listen to Jordan Peterson?
>>
>>9260747
Because he's an epic meme
>>
File: thefatinthehat.gif (50KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
thefatinthehat.gif
50KB, 300x400px
>Orwell
>Huxley
>Nietzsche
>>
>>9260747
Because your reductionism cannot beat hours of well exposed lectures.
>>
>>9260811
>lectures
I've watched a few of his psychology lectures, and skimmed a whole lot more, and they're all either self-help or personal opinions.

Stop searching for father figures on the internet and keep in mind that following his advice implies stopping watching his videos. Truly sort yourself out and stop listening to talking guru heads on youtube.
>>
>>9260824
>rejects to listen to something because it is personal opinion
>spends his time on an image board posting and reading personal opinions
>>
>>9260832
That was a response to you calling his videos "lectures", not a comment on his opinions.
>>
>>9260837
The pains of anonymity. I assumed you were the person saying "Why would you ever listen to Jordan Peterson?" as much as you assumed I was the person talking about his lectures.

Unfortunate misunderstandings.
>>
>>9260723
I think that in attempting to introduce people who know little about literature, he has produce a simple list with some easily accessible but still fairly great writers. There is nothing wrong with starting with obvious writers, so yeah, i agree with the list. There could be some changes but realistically I think that this list is made with the assumption that it is just a starting point.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.