[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good morning, /lit/. It has always been my dream to raise a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: gayfamily.jpg (2MB, 3949x3111px) Image search: [Google]
gayfamily.jpg
2MB, 3949x3111px
Good morning, /lit/.

It has always been my dream to raise a family. From a very young age I have deemed it the most important goal in life, and recently this sentiment has intensified. I have one quite large problem though: I'm gay.

As such, I would like you please to direct me to books about the psychology/biology of child-raising, addressing the effects of a gay couple raising a baby versus a man and a woman. Perhaps also something that addresses whether aspects such as IQ and time spent with children are more important than gender.

Give me as many recommendations as you'd like. I'm only young so I've got years to read this stuff.

And don't cherry pick to give me the best outcome. I want to know whether I should raise a child when I'm older and if I come to the conclusion that it'd be too damaging to the child, then I suppose that'll have to be the end of that. I care more about a child's upbringing than the fulfilment of my own dreams.
>>
>>9260411
>Opens a thread about family
>Post pictures of child abuse
Why?
>>
>>>/lit
>>
>>9260411
Raising a child is always too damaging to justify on that basis regardless of circumstance.
Don't fall into the delusion there is ever a "healthy" childhood, the best you can do is develope more sophisticated technologies to indoctrinate your own fantasy narrative.
>>
>>9260411
What does family actually mean to you in this context? What do you mean you want to "raise a family?" What is it you want to do, exactly?

Is it about your own legacy or about being around kids and helping them?
>>
>>9260458
Actually, that's a good point. But I always consider that I could do a better job than my parents did by looking at their big mistakes and correcting them.

>>9260461
It's about bringing kids into this world and setting them up for a successful life. It's the most rewarding thing you can ever do. Not necessarily about legacy.
>>
File: spooks.jpg (24KB, 1146x1148px) Image search: [Google]
spooks.jpg
24KB, 1146x1148px
>>9260416
>>
>>9260471
the problem with doing that (looking at your parents mistakes and correcting them) is that often, the people doing it are going over the board into the opposite direction. it's a good idea. just make sure to always strive for a healthy balance
>>
>>9260471
>most rewarding thing
What reward do you want?

Well if you're gay then you aren't bringing them into this world. In terms of setting them up for a successful life, the most widespread and deepest way you could do this is to learn how to effectively intervene with shitty families (abuse, hardcore drug use, etc.) and help the kids recover.
>>
File: 1483035197302.jpg (57KB, 576x436px) Image search: [Google]
1483035197302.jpg
57KB, 576x436px
>>9260471
So you're going to show your parents off for being narcissists by trying to out narcissist them
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.