[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think it's a bit too much to hope that this thread doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: safe_image.php_.jpg (71KB, 720x1189px) Image search: [Google]
safe_image.php_.jpg
71KB, 720x1189px
I think it's a bit too much to hope that this thread doesn't turn into memes, but why is Stirner wrong? What's the critique of his work?
>>
>>9257649
That's not Stirner it's Hank Azaria.
>>
>>9257664
wrong, it's jeremy irons
>>
>come back
>the thread is memes
>>
>>9258549

Maybe try contributing more from the outset you dipfuck
>>
>>9258557
Well, his body of work has a certain appealing ring to it. Was his argumentation or reasoning poor?Who else has provided a satisfactory answer to "why should we be moral?"
>>
>>9258266
I always asked my born-and-raised anthroposophist friend whether he thinks Steiner looks like Jeremy Irons and he always says "a little, I guess."

I think he does think he looks like Jeremy Irons, and he's annoyed that I pointed it out because it somehow compromises Steiner's magisterial legacy. I think he literally pretends that he doesn't see the resemblance as much as I do.

I'm going to print out your post (he doesn't use computers so I can't screenshot) and show it to him.
>>
Stirner relies on a very Hegelian argumentative structure. His narrative of the development of the proper egoist depends on a dialectical form of logic, and if this logical form is invalid then his entire way of thinking the Unique is rendered void.

Moreover his assertion of the singularity of the unique, another aspect of his work, can be attacked by various means. Why should we believe this singularity is the end of the dialectical movement of the self?
>>
>>9257649
Starting with why is he wrong rather than is he wrong.

WEWLAD
E
W
L
A
D
>>
>>9257649
>materialism
>material ego
all of that is wrong.
>>
I lived on commune/ecofarm organized around Striner's teachings for a month in my youth.

Although he makes a lot of good points about spiritual life and holistic agriculture, some of the stuff about burying crystals and churning manure in the right direction, or using stars to plant crops, is a little bit insane.

>>9258724
>His narrative of the development of the proper egoist depends on a dialectical form of logic, and if this logical form is invalid then his entire way of thinking the Unique is rendered void.
That may be so, but his narration of Lolita was top notch.
>>
File: 1450755345217s.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1450755345217s.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>9258880
I think you misread the question we are talking about Stirner not Striner.
>>
File: MaxSteiner.jpg (49KB, 600x465px) Image search: [Google]
MaxSteiner.jpg
49KB, 600x465px
>>9258901
Actually I think you misread the question, good sir. The OP is in fact referring to Steiner. Not Stirner, as you seem to be thinking
>>
>>9258619

This post deserved way more than it got.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.