[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I picked this up from a list of downloads because the concept

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 8.jpg (116KB, 260x400px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
116KB, 260x400px
I picked this up from a list of downloads because the concept sounded interesting. It was pretty well-written but I thought it was some dull shit. I look it up and learn that it's "one of the seminal works of fiction of the 20th century and is studied in colleges and universities across the Western world". What the fuck? Why?
>>
>And then...he turns into a bug hahahahahaha! Holy shit, this is gold!

>German "literature"
Not even once.
>>
>>9255842
Read it in German
>>
>>9255857
Yeah that's my best explanation so far. Can't verify it personally, though.
>>
>>9255842

Because you were too dull to understand anything other than the surface level "lol he turned into a bug" go back to reading John green if you can't read any deeper than that.
>>
>>9255871
you're trying too hard
>>
>>9255842
It isn't particularly good compared to his other works, Kafka himself didn't consider it particularly good. It's popular for the same reason as Doll's House: Boy if I fucking know.
>>
>>9255842
it's a highly simbolic work, and very dificult to understand completely, (not the symbols, wich are ridicously easy to spot, but their importance), you'll need to get beforehand a good grasp of Kafka's personal biograhy (read his letters for example), and even more important than that, the social context of the begining of the 20th century (the social crisis), so you undestarnd what Kafka is reflecting and critizicing. Last but not least you'll need to have a good idea of what the fuck is "fantastic literature" (and really understand the mechanism, not just fucking read short stories form the One Thousand and One Nights and say you alrady get it) so you can undesrtand what. when and where Kafka is innovating.

HOWEVER, it is a common mistake (due to it being his most famous work) to start reading Kafka with The Metamorphosis, i'd say it's incredibly moronic. That is his magnus opus and is perfectly written, yes, but that's really the last thing you need to read of him. I suggest this order:

-Short stories (Ein Landarzt is my personal favorite, but it really doesn't matther wich ones, the more the merrier)
-Letters
-The Castle
-The Trial
-The Metamorphosis (just then you will be more than ready to apreaciate it and not end the book with a poker face )
>>
>>9257386
>you will be more than ready to apreaciate it and not end the book with a poker face
Yeah, you know exactly what happened. Maybe I'll go ahead and read through your recommendations. Book's about how we should be nicer to schizos, right?
>>
>>9257386
>I suggest this order:
Haha fuckoff, what a drag you are. Most of your list isn't even worth a read.
>>
>>9257453
It is if you really wanna understand Kafka. Ever been to college bro? Read is something more than just google the authors, jump into their wikipedia article and buy wathever title it says is the most important.

>Most of your list isn't even worth a read.
Rofl... yeah man, just stick with the memes, I'm sure that suits you better
>>
>>9257386

The Castle should definitely be last on your list.
>>
>>9255842
Read some of his other work, then reread Metamorphosis. Not as insightful as some of his other work, but serves as a great metaphor for social and professional alienation, and the delicate nature of interpersonal relations.
>>
>>9255842
>the cover is a bug
HE TOLD YOU NOT TO
>>
>>9259030
The Castle was very uneventful, but it is the most well written thing I have ever read.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.